Belt line trim

Citysf1988

On 3/8/2022 at 6:38 AM, Citysf1988 said:

Was it common to have beltline trim with the first gen Monte Carlo 

Are you referring to the belt molding at the base of the side windows or the dealer installed molding halfway up the side of the body?

On 3/8/2022 at 9:38 AM, Citysf1988 said:

Was it common to have beltline trim with the first gen Monte Carlo 

I believe the short answer is "no".

The only productions numbers I have ever seen for RPO B85 Beltline Reveal Moldings is that 900 of the 145,976 Montes built in 1970 were shipped with that option.  That is only six tenths of one percent.  There may also have been a few that were dealer-installed. 

I have never seen comparable production data for that option for the '71 Montes but there were undoubtedly a few, again, probably less than one percent of the 128,600 built.

RPO B85 was included in the 1972 Custom package (RPO Z03) but production numbers for that package either never existed or have not yet been discovered but it is thought to be rather low.

Based on the twelve years I have closely followed the forums on this website, I would conclude that original Reveal moldings are currently not readily available and I am not aware of any source of reproductions.

• Like 1

If the Belt molding is what you desire , Check with Jared . I had 4 complete set. Kept a set and Jared got the other sets. I personally feel that they really are an enhancement to the First Gen Monte 

• Like 2

On 3/10/2022 at 11:06 AM, MCfan said:

I believe the short answer is "no".

The only productions numbers I have ever seen for RPO B85 Beltline Reveal Moldings is that 900 of the 145,976 Montes built in 1970 were shipped with that option.  That is only six tenths of one percent.  There may also have been a few that were dealer-installed. 

I have never seen comparable production data for that option for the '71 Montes but there were undoubtedly a few, again, probably less than one percent of the 128,600 built.

RPO B85 was included in the 1972 Custom package (RPO Z03) but production numbers for that package either never existed or have not yet been discovered but it is thought to be rather low.

Based on the twelve years I have closely followed the forums on this website, I would conclude that original Reveal moldings are currently not readily available and I am not aware of any source of reproductions.

It’s crazy that my car has basically no options, but has the belt line molding.  Never understood why some people checked off the boxes they did back in the day! 🤣

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, 7tonemonte said:

It’s crazy that my car has basically no options, but has the belt line molding.  Never understood why some people checked off the boxes they did back in the day! 🤣

Same here! My 71 started life as a base 350 bench seat car with AC and it has the belt line molding. I’ve owned the car 43 years and didn’t know this was an option until I saw it here recently. I was just telling my wife how much I learn here!

• Like 5