Shock type advise

I have the rear lifted 4inches with pucks under springs. So stock shocks are too short & top out frequently. 

anybody know which shocks would be suitable? I’m just learning the metrics & the guys at the Autoparts places I visited were little to no help.

Update.

I found Monroe 5820

they have 3.75 inches more travel so they may just work. They arrive tomorrow. Hope they work. Local mechanic’s shop very confident they will.

18 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

You might have to look into off road outfitters to find something longer.

They all want to build an adapter or order a kit. I want direct fit. 

Wow, Now that is some puck. You must have tire clearance issues. I have Moog Vari-rate springs, 275/60/15 on a 5" positive order rim. No rubbing issues no matter how much stuff I have in the trunk.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

Many years ago when I had my 1966 Impala SS I put those top shock spacers in because I lifted my rear springs the same way and needed more travel. It changed the angle of the shock absorbers and ripped the spacers out of the frame crossmember where they mounted. Nothing a wire feed welder and some metal couldn’t fix.  Personally I think those top shock spacers are a “bad idea”.

John S

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:46 PM, 420ponies said:

Wow, Now that is some puck. You must have tire clearance issues. I have Moog Vari-rate springs, 275/60/15 on a 5" positive order rim. No rubbing issues no matter how much stuff I have in the trunk.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

I just like the raked look, I’ve got no no rubbing issues

I took it for a test drive today with new shocks. Great ride . No topping out. Good fix !

Monroe 5820 OESpectrum shocks 

don’t cut the restraint strap on shocks until AFTER getting nuts/bolts at least threaded together. Shock may be too long to connect bottom bolt if you do cut it 

658177F4-F4BF-430A-A2FC-1322E6B9A6B4.jpeg

• Like 1