Radio Fitment

FrankOC

I've been looking to replace my 70 AM radio with a 70 AM/FM radio and I believe a 70 Chevelle will be the same radio.  Is there a difference shaft length of a Chevelle SS radio from a non-SS radio?   By shaft length I'm referring to the threaded section where the nut goes to hold the radio tight to the dash.

Thank in advance for any insight.

The radio’s are the same for 70 Monte and chevelle. Same dash. 71 and 72 Monte and chevelle are also the same but have different color lense and different knobs. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Jared Richey said:

The best aftermarket I'd the one I have in my car it looks identical to the original but it's like over $600

Ever tried to price a real nice original am/fm. I know you know. 600 ain’t bad considering your getting all the modern technology in an original looking radio. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Ever tried to price a real nice original am/fm. I know you know. 600 ain’t bad considering your getting all the modern technology in an original looking radio. 

Yea and the wait time getting one rebuilt. That same company does rebuilds also

2 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

The best aftermarket I'd the one I have in my car it looks identical to the original but it's like over $600

Do you have a link? I'd be interested in checking them out. 

• 2 months later...

I ordered mine last August and it just came in today. just waiting to clear customs! Supply chain delays are really messing with us!

It's factory looking, but has bluetooth, etc. I also went for the "roll over" option; moves the dial just like the old radio did!

I paid $698 US Dollars, (which is like $1,000 Canadian Dollars!) I still feel it is very well worth it and can't wait to install it!

1970 Chevelle SS AM FM Bluetooth® Radio – Vintage Auto Radio

www.VintageAutoRadio.com

Salem, Wisconsin

Steve Webber

262-885-1581

888-514-3811

• Sad 1

Got a look a like from resto parts on opgi a few years ago. Looks great, all the phone inputs ect but the sound quality leaves something to be desired. Have good speakers but , I’m an audio perfectionist what can I say..  just looked at the vintage audio radio link, to me 45 watts per channel basically won’t do it for me. Maybe add a booster.. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Searsman said:

Got a look a like from resto parts on opgi a few years ago. Looks great, all the phone inputs ect but the sound quality leaves something to be desired. Have good speakers but , I’m an audio perfectionist what can I say..  just looked at the vintage audio radio link, to me 45 watts per channel basically won’t do it for me. Maybe add a booster.. 

But , let me know how it sounds Jeff, I may try save up and get one, thanks...

• 4 weeks later...