THE PARTS PLACE

Over the years that I have planned the meets in Carlisle I have approached The Parts Place for donations.  IN the past years they have always been generous by sending up to 5 $25.00 gift certificates that can be shared between the Eastern and Western Meets.

I sent them a request back in January and, unlike them, I never heard anything back.  I contacted them again today and the guy that answered sort of hem-and-hawed around the question of sending something this year.  He finally, in sort of a whisper told me that The Parts Place is now under new ownership and not to expect anything from them.

I know a lot of us have used The Parts Place for many of our needs and wanted to let everyone know that the guy told me.  I don't know how this will affect their business dealings with their customers.

rob

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

usually not a good thing (at least initially) when a mom and pop  widget company gets eaten up by" big corp" - either on hostile terms or just by necessity...   nothin' beats doing business with a firm handshake and a first name basis...fewer and far between in this seemingly "new world order" we find ourselves in...   a few years back when dealing with a bank I've been with for 30 years they looked at me like a stranger with 2 heads ...I said,  in my world you'd refinance the loan, shake my hand across a big oak desk, ask me about the family, then share a scotch...he then mused, "I'm with you on that- but you're 100 years too late!"

• Like 2

Whaaat? The Parts Place gave up? American entrepreneur all the way since they opened. Very sad news (just saw this). Bought a lot of stuff from that parts source. I hope it is all for the best, great people to talk with and very helpful too. Man, hard to take......