Man I'm new to Monte Carlos.....

Lou

IMG_20220313_091641625.thumb.jpg.395abec4b3a76e58f57bb7a3d2f7c0f5.jpgI just assumed that the fuel lines were routed on a Monte just like they were on a Chevelle. Then I came across four lines at the front of the gas tank that look like they're routed way different than a Chevelle. 

Why 4 lines??

I think the 2 middle go to the fuel gauge in the tank and the 2 ends are connected to the nipples at the ends of the tank. If i remember correctly there are 2 nipples one on each side of the tank itself and then the other 2 are connected to the fuel gauge. But not sure, i will check my manual later tonight for you. Maybe someone else will chime in that has a better memory than I. 

Good pic Dennis!     Thank You   See and i thought my memory is slipping!!   Ohh it is!!   LOL

And Welcome to the Club Lou if i havent said so before!!!

• Like 1

This must be on a'72? Mine has the 4 lines. You do have the canister filter up front,correct? 2 lines each end of tank( go to expansion tank behind seat) .then main line and a return line. Replaced all my lines with Inline tube stainless in 2004. Hope this helps you. I'm thinking '71 the same.They also have a center fuel cap. Should have no pressure built up when removing gas cap.post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Behind the back seat the is an emission vapor tank (?).probably not one of gm’s better ideas. lol  The two main lines off the sender are just like the chevelle. 

E7F2A036-6C28-4D6F-860A-D1FC6E166CE7.jpeg

Maybe that was GM's stab at trying to get people to not smoke in their cars.

rob

rob

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Maybe that was GM's stab at trying to get people to not smoke in their cars.

rob

rob

Then why did they put cigarette lighters and ashtray’s in them?  Lol

probably kickbacks from big tobacco while still appeasing the feds  🤔

They all had ash trays and cigarette lighters (actually cigar lighters) the newer stuff don't. One day when I was cleaning my truck I found out it has an ash tray, I was kinda suprised but it's never been used so I guess that's a good thing. I think I've used my ash tray in the monte once or twice.

59 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

I think I've used my ash tray in the monte once or twice.

I use the ash tray in my Monte all the time..... It looks like our kitchen junk drawer, it is a catchall for anything small enough to fit into it but looking at it, it looks like there has never been any cigarette's snuffed out in it or even ashes flicked into it since it left the factory.

rob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the answers.

Can't wait to drop everything from this chassis and clean her up under there. Been an Ohio car all her life and no sign of seeing salt. 

• Like 2