Torque converter question

ChrisM

It’s funny you say that Tom. Saturday I almost purchased a 77 Monte 350 bucket seat interior and relatively clean. My first thought was LS that bad boy. Then I opened the hood of my Silverado and thought that looks like S…. Lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2022 at 9:18 PM, ChrisM said:

Awesome, love the pictures!!! I appreciate all info!! This car is a great driver, I know the intake isn’t the best for what Iam looking for, but I have to say it has done a great job this far. I know the rear gears are an issue, and it’s something that needs to be addressed for sure, I think I’ll start with rebuilding that, and then go further, you never know, maybe this will keep me away from go ls!!! 

Let the fun begin 🤣

Gears .jpeg

• Like 4

Looks like a fun time! If you’re at all considering making your car needlessly complicated by adding C clip eliminators like me I would recommend strange. But even more than that I would say keep the c clips… it was still a fun build but I have had issues leaking on the street after ~3,000 miles. Strange has tapered roller bearings which are less likely to leak, too and I found out after ordering my moser axles. LOL. The true trac was definitely worth it though. 

C81B0FAE-A731-4FF1-9B9B-73C572FCE5C2.jpeg

• Like 3