Summit Racing issue

cny first gen 71

I've been looking for a new air filter with a flow through top, found one at summit but in the ad there was more than I needed.  It shows the top and the side filter and also another smaller side filter and a different top. So I called and asked they said after verification you get top and bottom filters only I said fine that's what I need and ordered it, price was very good. Well I got it and it was just the top so I called them back after a few days they called back and said keep the other one and we will sind it out with the other part in there. A week later I got another top only so I called them back and went through it again. The girl I talked to assured me it would be correct this time so a week later I got another top. So now I have 3 tops no lower filter.  So I will order it from another supplier and I guess I have 2 of them to sell lol they haven't asked for them back. Here's the picture from the ad. I've dealt with summit many times and never had a problem and will again in the future for sure.

sbf-78-1400-pc.jpg

Strange, Summit is usually excellent. Oh well sometimes there is a disconnect between the front office, and the warehouse. The vertical standing side and top look like what I have on my MC. 

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Strange, Summit is usually excellent. Oh well sometimes there is a disconnect between the front office, and the warehouse. The vertical standing side and top look like what I have on my MC. 

Actually I think it's the supplier that's the problem not summit,  that's what I'll have on mine too once I get the other one.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2022 at 4:56 PM, cny first gen 71 said:

I've been looking for a new air filter with a flow through top, found one at summit but in the ad there was more than I needed.  It shows the top and the side filter and also another smaller side filter and a different top. So I called and asked they said after verification you get top and bottom filters only I said fine that's what I need and ordered it, price was very good. Well I got it and it was just the top so I called them back after a few days they called back and said keep the other one and we will sind it out with the other part in there. A week later I got another top only so I called them back and went through it again. The girl I talked to assured me it would be correct this time so a week later I got another top. So now I have 3 tops no lower filter.  So I will order it from another supplier and I guess I have 2 of them to sell lol they haven't asked for them back. Here's the picture from the ad. I've dealt with summit many times and never had a problem and will again in the future for sure.

sbf-78-1400-pc.jpg

Unbelievable !!! However 3 for the price of 1 is always a good deal 👍

Well as a follow up to this, Summit did what I think is everything they could to try and make it right. They said they would give me a 14x4 bottom filter at no charge. I replied that I need the 14x3 filter they said it wasn't available from that supplier and said they would substitute another brand but may not match perfectly  so I passed. I did find what I need and it's only about 30 bucks. They offered to provide a K&N filter at a discount price.  They did try and do everything they could. I will continue to buy from them in my eyes there customer service is very good. I'm sure this is a supplier issue. 

• Like 5

When I had issues with the 3 AMD rear bumpers, all the people at Summit couldn't have been more helpful. Couple of other issues along the way, some of them my fault when ordering, and again, they always took care of any problems immediately and usually with no added shipping charges, etc.

• Like 4

Well we've come to a solution that we're both happy with. I was looking at the web site and found a filter I like better. It's a blue spectre air filter assembly,  think it'll look better on my car. Summit worked with me on the price and didn't charge any shipping.  I'm happy with it and I gotta say Joe from summit was great to work with. This is what it looks like.

spe-47626_wk_xl.jpg

• Like 8

Don't forget to show us when its installed, I'll check to see if they come in different colors ( blue doesn't work for me lol). With the issues you had I better get one for a spare while I can lol 

• 3 weeks later...

That’s wild!! 3 times in a row!! Summit just called me the other day to tell me the bumper I ordered a year ago was pushed out again. 😂 They switched suppliers for me so I hope to see it soon. I thought it was nice of them to call and let me know what’s going on. Always had top customer service with them. 

• 2 weeks later...