Oh boy.....SHE IS HOME!!!

That would be a fun one to pull out and fix up just to hear everyone complain about the opera windows. Totally worth the time and effort, at least in my opinion. 

Also, I would love to know what is sitting beside it, some kind of mopar. Can anyone ID that car just from that tail light? Coronet perhaps?

8 minutes ago, cbolt said:

That would be a fun one to pull out and fix up just to hear everyone complain about the opera windows. Totally worth the time and effort, at least in my opinion. 

Also, I would love to know what is sitting beside it, some kind of mopar. Can anyone ID that car just from that tail light? Coronet perhaps?

The car next to it is a 2 door 68 sport satellite.

28 minutes ago, willie said:

I think it's different!   Not sure i like them.         I also noticed the mopar, thought it was a GTX.

The opera windows were a option generally seen in 71 for the caprice and impala... they were installed in this car when the vinyl top was put on... I just never removed them because the top was in perfect condition when I restored the car in 2001.  This time around I’m probably going to remove them  because the top finally went bad. Honestly I’m not looking forward to restoring the car again. It was absolutely beautiful when parked in 2009 but life took priority over the cars. I never cancelled the insurance or registration in the 13 years it has been sitting just to remind me It’s patiently waiting..

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Steve G said:

Prototype? How so?

That was a joke. Lol. Every car owner does something to their car to suit their style. It may be liked by some and not by others. In the end it’s your car. Do as you please. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Glen said:

Ditch the ‘SS’ emblems the same time you deep-six the opera windows. 

When I painted the car in 2001 my buddy as a joke stuck the SS emblems    On with some emblem adhesive..  the adhesive burned into the clear coat so I stuck them back on to cover the ugly.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:26 PM, 7tonemonte said:

GOOD to see you again Steve!! It is nice you got it back out in the light of day.

I still kinda dig the opera windows, definitely wont see another one of them around !! 

Hey Tony! 
holy cow it’s been like 8 years!

I will mail ya the opera windows once I yank them out.

More like 10+ years!

• Like 1