Oh boy.....SHE IS HOME!!!

• Steve G changed the title to Oh boy.....SHE IS HOME!!!

I washed her up.. after sitting 12 years outside I guess it could be a lot worse..  I can’t believe it’s been 21 years since I painted it. I was only 22 years old... it’s amazing how time flys. Unfortunately it needs to be stripped to metal because it’s full of lacquer checking under the paint. I’m really up in the air about the condition of the roof, I’m hoping I have enough good metal to work with because I just don’t have it in me anymore to tackle roof skins for fun.  Interior is dead, one rip in the front seat but everything is mildew and water stained. 
 So now the project begins. Luckily the car is still fairly solid (just turned 70k) the only big changes this time around is goin to black interior, goodbye opera windows and I collected every bone stock part to do a full 402 swap.CE120ECF-F49F-4BDE-8128-18D3055A9A33.jpeg.83e36539992c395b138f12555961f04a.jpeg933152B9-485C-462B-91EA-BC5138A5F668.jpeg.70604699e4d7eb4223cc298299e2779d.jpeg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Crom Cruach said:

Beautiful car. Will you keep it the same color?

by the way what’s the blue car behind it in your garage? First gen Camaro?

Yes same color, it’s Ford willow metallic with a tad of yellow and black. Color looks way better on a Monte!
image.thumb.jpeg.4da8652259fa39bfb63d000632ba9558.jpeg

That’s my wife’s 67, factory column powerglide with a bench lower front seat and fold down rear seat. Odd car.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I know what you mean.. so much time has passed and responsibility gets in the way of fun. Due to health reasons the primer and paintwork will be done by someone else. Getting old sucks.