Feels good

Canuck

There’s a ding on my 1970 windshield that’s been there for 6 or 7 years. I just know as soon as I replace it I’ll get a new ding, 😆 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That ding in the windshield will probably be there forever with your roads. Down here it doesn't matter, cant go more than 2 blocks and hit a pothole bigger than the state of Rhode Island.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, willie said:

Aaron you take fantastic pics, in beautiful places, with your gorgeous cars!!!    Now please move that portable table its too close to the car!!!   lol

It’s a soft table, all good. 🙂

1 hour ago, Michael Boyte said:

There's nothing like a new windshield. Crystal clear

They're getting more difficult to find… The first one came last week,, but the antenna tag was missing… 

46 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Aren’t you supposed to alternate cars?

Haha, this is the only one that is insured to drive to work. The 71 is pleasure only. Plus, if I drove the 71 SS to work I’d be putting the gas station owner’s kid through college.

• Haha 1

It was just yesterday we were talking about windshield dings and guess what happened on my way home today… Driving on the highway and I could hear a loud “snap!” at the top of the windshield. Good thing the trim was there to save the windshield.

And, yes, my car needs to be washed.

31DF9957-77D9-41D7-B56B-385A17DE51A7.jpeg

• Sad 2

Aaron what a beautiful shot!!!    Yes enjoy your lunch at a reasonable distance!!!  See we were just talking about that windshield and that damn rock.

• Like 2

Way too close to the glass Aaron.  When Patsy and I were on our way to a meet in Bistol TN, for the club's first meet there, we were on the interstate and there was a tanker truck about 50 yeads ahead of us when all of a sudden we saw something get kicked up from his tire.  It happened so fast, even though it looked like it was happening in slow motion, we saw a large nut heading right for near the center of the windshield.  I did not have any time to react and we watched that nut all the way from his tire to the windshield.  It made one heck of a BANG but somehow it only left a small nick in the glass but did not crack it.  Aaron,  really love the color of your 70 Monte.

rob

• Like 2

Drove the Monte about  75 miles today…

All the way,,,, I was waiting for the big one to hit my new windshield….Passed two rock pits and several gravel trucks.

That section of road is notorious for rocks… The alternate route is worse….

Thought I'd share some very old pics from the past. 

This was taken at the Medford show 2007…

The 72 Malibu was my wife's former car and was at one time a  color match for my 70 Monte. We sold it to our son-in law 27 years ago… He's now running a 383 stroker, about 450 hp , solid lifters, 700r4 with 308 gearing …

The young man in my Monte is my grandson … He was 17 years old at that time.. We have five grandsons and five great-grandsons... They all want the Monte… Think I'll wait until my great great grandsons arrive…

Very possible that one of my three grand daughters or 5 great granddaughters will get it…. 

Ed C

2139232184_ScreenShot2022-03-29at9_42_07PM.thumb.png.ba2d4febfe78c39dc88c2c7b9f8a81d4.png

Back in 1992, I installed a new engine, painted my Monte and stored it in the barn until 2005… I also stored my 63 Bonneville… I was simply too overwhelmed and interested in making my business grow.. My accountant and wife decided it was time for me to slow down and enjoy my toys, so in 2005 I pulled the Monte out first and had it running and washed in about two days… The paint was still perfect. The fuel tank was purged and cleaned… New tires , a few safety items resolved, and we were on our way to Florida for a major family reunion… 

The contrasting pics above prove that dirt never hurts the paint .. Nothing was retouched… I decided to put a new vinyl top on her because a cat did some minor damage …. 

1914087_1163190797411_2496767_n.jpeg

Her third vinyl top…

Very minor surface rust in the lower rear corner…. Treated it and still looks new.. 

BTW, I think changing the vinyl top three times played a major part in lack of rust… 

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 9.42.59 PM.png

On 3/29/2022 at 2:23 PM, Canuck said:

It sure feels good to have the 70 Monte back on the road. This was my spot for lunch today out of the office.

B57CEC89-50C7-4F80-986A-D38C13E982BE.jpeg

Like Rob says,,, "Beautiful color"  …

This would be my color choice if I ordered today..

BTW.. That lake looks very much like the one about a half mile from my house … Lake Wildwood… 

Ed ...

IMG_0117.thumb.jpg.fc6df9eb48e36988dca9010ee2719fdb.jpg

Took my wife Angel, and Hank ,my dog , for a thrill ride to Harbor Freight…. LOL

Like most of us, we have all been asked if the Monte is for sale…. A man was at my Monte when I returned and asked me the famous question… I politely showed him the car …. He gave me an offer and It was way more than I would have asked had it been  for sale… 

I gave it some thought and consulted the wife… Told him sorry,,,, I really appreciate the offer but it's not for sale… He added another 3000 to his offer and let me know he was dead serious… 

I think I'm having some type of remorse, but I had to say no… The car will go (sold) to my grandson of choice and remain in the family.. Even my Grandson will get no free car. 

Interesting day. 

Ed C.

2 hours ago, EVC said:

Took my wife Angel, and Hank ,my dog , for a thrill ride to Harbor Freight…. LOL

Like most of us, we have all been asked if the Monte is for sale…. A man was at my Monte when I returned and asked me the famous question… I politely showed him the car …. He gave me an offer and It was way more than I would have asked had it been  for sale… 

I gave it some thought and consulted the wife… Told him sorry,,,, I really appreciate the offer but it's not for sale… He added another 3000 to his offer and let me know he was dead serious… 

I think I'm having some type of remorse, but I had to say no… The car will go (sold) to my grandson of choice and remain in the family.. Even my Grandson will get no free car. 

Interesting day. 

Ed C.

Yeah… thanks, but no thanks.  You made t try he right call. 

• Like 1