New Member - SW Florida

Valina

1 hour ago, Glen said:

I swear I immediately wondered if you were ever from Chicago. The last name jumped out at me for some reason.  About where did you hang your hat when you lived here?

I grew up in Chicago until the early 70"s when my parents moved to Cicero, IL. I went to school there, graduated and moved into western suburbs later in life. Moved to Florida in 2003. Maybe you heard of Rago Bros. Funeral Home and I have lots of family on Police force.

Hello Willie! Thank you. The car was stolen in Chicago at that time that is where we lived. We have been in FL since 2003. We do have a full plate but the family all lives back in IL so I have plenty of time for fun/hobbies.

The reason i ask is i have a parts car that fits that description but picked it up from another member in NC. I have had it for about 10 years already.

11 minutes ago, willie said:

The reason i ask is i have a parts car that fits that description but picked it up from another member in NC. I have had it for about 10 years already.

Oh boy....... This could get interesting real fast...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, willie said:

Hello Willie! Thank you. The car was stolen in Chicago at that time that is where we lived. We have been in FL since 2003. We do have a full plate but the family all lives back in IL so I have plenty of time for fun/hobbies.

Thank you for thinking of me. I have no parts at all. I am looking for a very complete car hopefully it doesn't need to many things. 

Glen could arrest Willie at the Carlisle meet, for having John's stolen car, keeping it all in the forum family!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Glen could arrest Willie at the Carlisle meet, for having John's stolen car, keeping it all in the forum family!

Look at the bright side. If Glen has the car confiscated Willie’s wife could have her patio back. See win win. lol 

1 minute ago, willie said:

lol   I would of gave it to him for what i paid 10 years ago. Would cost him more to ship her. Then restore her.   I can tell he is not doing that!!!

No he’s not. Your safe. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, willie said:

Thank God, not sure if i would look good in orange or stripes!!!   Where are those dancing bananas????

Glen might just make you the dancing banana as punishment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, willie said:

Thank God, not sure if i would look good in orange or stripes!!!   Where are those dancing bananas????

There may be 'bananas' involved, but probably not the kind you want...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

“ hey new guy. Come here we need to talk”. Lol. 

More like scream into the pillow....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valina said:

I grew up in Chicago until the early 70"s when my parents moved to Cicero, IL. I went to school there, graduated and moved into western suburbs later in life. Moved to Florida in 2003. Maybe you heard of Rago Bros. Funeral Home and I have lots of family on Police force.

Believe it or not, that is precisely why the name immediately came to mind.  Western Avenue and right about Ohio.  I drive by it regularly as I’ve spent 30 years working the west side of Chicago.  I buy my partner‘s food from the lady on Chicago Avenue and Western (Liz).  Not sure if I meant ever ran into any of your family on CPD though.  My parents grew up across the street from one another on 19th and western and moved to the southwest side in ‘70 when I was born, where they’re still at (63rd & Harlem). I’m also southwest side    Small world indeed. 

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

Oh boy…  I wasn’t planning on making this year‘s meet (as much as I want to, the kiddos college tours take precedence).  But given this new revelation, I may have to make an exception 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Glen might just make you the dancing banana as punishment. 

I don’t think I could be that cruel. 

But I’m willing to try.