Dave B

Hi Folks,

I live in southern Oregon (State of Jefferson). Just bought my 71' MC about 2 years ago. I always liked the looks of the 1st gens, I needed a daily driver, and the car I had sat too close to the ground for me nowadays. I figured one in great shape would cost the same or less than a new car, and I don't like any of the new cars. So why not drive something I like, and can work on myself?

I found one online up in Yakima, WA. After checking it out the best I could at a distance, I flew up to Yakima taking chance that it'd work out. It did and drove it the 450 miles home. I bought it off the original owner who bought new when she graduated college in 1971. 110k miles and 5k on the rebuilt motor, still has the factory interior in pristine condition. Everything is still stock with the exception of the steering wheel.  350 2bbl, they made sure to say more than once "This is not a hot rod", and vetted me pretty well. My 67' Cougar XR-7 fits that bill so no problem. The lady had tears in her eyes handing over the keys.

When I heard there was an MC club and that there was a national meet within 40 miles of home, I joined.

IMG_1847.JPG

IMG_1853.JPG

IMG_1854.JPG

• Like 13

Welcome Dave!  She is incredibly clean and as Tom MC1of80 said, great color combo.  I also woulda been crying handing over the keys.  Well done on the purchase. 

Welcome to the club Dave!!!  She is beautiful!!!   Great color combo as said , but 2 questions. First does the interior smell like a new car, because it looks brand new!? Second i hope you offered that 70ish old woman that you left crying a ride any time she wanted or at least a promise to call her when your big meets happen!? lol

Great looking car CONGRATS!!!

Welcome to the club and forums, Dave!  Your beautiful '71 brings back lots of memories.  I am partial to gold first gens with white vinyl tops and cream interiors as my first new car out of college was the '70 version of yours.  Congratulations on a great find!  Enjoy her and the club!

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2022 at 4:51 AM, willie said:

Welcome to the club Dave!!!  She is beautiful!!!   Great color combo as said , but 2 questions. First does the interior smell like a new car, because it looks brand new!? Second i hope you offered that 70ish old woman that you left crying a ride any time she wanted or at least a promise to call her when your big meets happen!? lol

Great looking car CONGRATS!!!

I told her and her husband if they find themselves in southern Oregon to give me a call. This year's western meet was less than 30 miles from my house...very sweet!