Topic suggestion

10 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

See Dennis, she wants to be restored! 

Ya I think it’s just teasing me. It will throw  one in my backside once I make a decision. As Joe says a cactus. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, willie said:

I heard her even say please! Then i heard her say she wanted to see some more dancing bananas!!!  lol    Come on Dennis!!!

My Chevelle would really like to have a “crn” 454 in it. Lol. It’s. 396/402 car so it’s not going to happen. BUT. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dtret said:

My Chevelle would really like to have a “crn” 454 in it. Lol. It’s. 396/402 car so it’s not going to happen. BUT. 

Yeah, don’t blaspheme the CRN Gods, Dennis. Keep that mill where the good folks at Chevrolet intended. It’s destiny. 

(is that ⬆️ a compelling enough argument to restore that girl?)

• Like 2

Congrats Dennis

Thats a great one to restore. Original drivetrain also, it's calling your name. The rust around the window is way less than mine had, and she will be beautiful when done. Looking forward to another restoration thread.

John

• Like 1

So I got a wild hair up my a..  I figured I’d see if it will fire up. Something that felt like oil was on the dipstick. Something liquid was in the radiator. I took my boroscope and looked down the intake for junk. Didn’t see anything. Looked in spark plug holes, didn’t see anything. Put my old 71 plugs in it. Put my paperweight 71 q-jet on. Battery. It cranked no spark. Wire to coil from points was split. Fixed. Spark. Dump some gas down carb. No fire. Tried starting fluid. Cranked. It went around about 4 times and locked to a dead stop. O crap. Put a socket on the crank bolt won’t move forward but went backwards. Hit the key split second crank and locked up again. So I’m guessing a bolt, acorn, walnut shell or something else got down the intake. Now the decision to part may become easier. The engine would be rebuilt anyway so big picture not a problem. Just thought I’d throw a little laugh out for you all   

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

Just thought I’d throw a little laugh out for you all   

Oh boy...that's not a laughing matter.

On 4/19/2022 at 4:01 PM, Dtret said:

Boy that’s strike really played havoc on dating of parts didn’t it? Makes me question originality. 2:56 posi  Dec 10 Buffalo first shift 

BEFCC901-DD86-49A6-AAC3-6874DF0CAE41.jpeg

My non-Posi 2:56 CRJ was built there 5 days earlier on second shift Dennis. Curious … is this car VanNuys built?  If so, I wonder how close it is to my ‘70. I know these rear ends could've gone to any of the plants, but ya never know  

6 hours ago, Glen said:

My non-Posi 2:56 CRJ was built there 5 days earlier on second shift Dennis. Curious … is this car VanNuys built?  If so, I wonder how close it is to my ‘70. I know these rear ends could've gone to any of the plants, but ya never know  

Flint built, so I won’t find a build sheet. But I could get lucky. That’s funny. 

26 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

Could be just a stuck valve

Yes you are correct. If I tear it down I guess I’ll find out. Probably an acorn stuck in the valve holding it open. 

• Haha 1

So I was taking the level compressor off to look at a fitting and decided to pull the dash pad, don’t ask how I got from that to that, I noticed it has some weird type of insulation on top and around the gauges. Does anyone else’s car have this?  Lol. I think I may have found Jimmy Hoffa. 🤪

014FD1B1-69D5-455D-B040-D3262214BCF4.jpeg

DE19975E-DA93-478B-91D0-BF47E3AC0E89.jpeg

• Like 2

I bet it smells like mouse urine..... Looks like either seat stuffing or or some kind of plant based mouse nesting material.

rob

53 minutes ago, Dtret said:

So I was taking the level compressor off to look at a fitting and decided to pull the dash pad, don’t ask how I got from that to that, I noticed it has some weird type of insulation on top and around the gauges. Does anyone else’s car have this?  Lol. I think I may have found Jimmy Hoffa. 🤪

014FD1B1-69D5-455D-B040-D3262214BCF4.jpeg

DE19975E-DA93-478B-91D0-BF47E3AC0E89.jpeg

Mine has some kind of stuff, looks like batting for pillows or something like that.  I left it for now but think next time I have pad off it's coming out. It didn't look ugly like that though it was white and fluffly. 

4 minutes ago, Grant MacPherson said:

something has been busy, did they make the trip home with you?

Hopefully not. It sat in a field for 10-15 years but was in a garage the last three. I’m sure that there are bodies in that mess. I’ll just put the pad back on and pretend that I didn’t see it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1