Topic suggestion

So as you’re aware, while trying to start it I locked up the engine. I had a few minutes free of my yard duties ( not even close to being done) so I dug in to see if the starter was locking up the engine. I pulled the starter and now it won’t turn in either direction. Piece of junk. So I’ll keep searching. I’m going to end up with the stupid engine all torn apart in my basement. She’ll love that.  Lol. I did get the rest of the engine harness pulled. So next may be the dash so I can gut the rest of the wiring in the car. More parts to sell. lol 😂 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, John S said:

I don’t know how or where you find the patience to do that to that car. To me it looks like trying to feed oats to a dead horse.

John S

They say a cat has 9 lives. I’m making sure this car has had a fighting chance to live out it’s long, neglected life.  Could it be a miraculous recovery?  Or could it be an organ donor? Either way I’ll feed it until it dies. 

• Like 2

When it comes to our mechanical friends, anything can make a recovery. Just matters on the person, and you ARE the person for this recovery! Just saying.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I have been busy with other crap. Since May 16th. lol. So I’m opting for a different direction. Rather than pull the engine and transmission, I’m going to pull the body. So here’s the body bolt story. Rear two, spun the cage nuts. I cut the back panel there because it’s rusted on both sides. The middle 6 ( 3 per side) came out like it was 1971. No rust on them at all. The front 4 all twisted off and broke. No problem on them. I think I got them all. 12 total. Pulled the steering column and shaft, all wiring and cables unhooked. Went to pull the gas tank, cut the hoses and the 4 bolts came right out, go figure. No heat on anything. BUT I do have a gas tank perch that is rusted out. Now I have to figure out a way to lift the body because I used all my cinder blocks on another project. 

F234C0E9-A222-4D18-8DA7-F671FB659EE5.jpeg

Dennis if your gas tank on this one is iffy I have the one I took out of my 72 last  fall that looks like it is brand new, Went with a tank for the Holley Sniper EFI and we are only two hours away

Body up and off the frame. It’s times like this that I really miss my lift. A ten minute lift takes hours. Lol. And no it’s not osha approved, heck it’s not even safe. O well we do what we have to do. That may sit like that overnight. It’s dinner time. 

A54ACD3F-1D00-4A1F-B37C-3D8BC86A0561.jpeg

C31C3883-2CB6-48AA-947A-A6DEBDE71921.jpeg

5A3A3656-1D68-445E-A763-BCD66036B5EA.jpeg

04994E96-737B-4002-BDCA-58A229E0189F.jpeg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

Nice, how does the frame look?

Haven’t really looked at it yet. I did notice a couple of rusted mount holes. I have to put the body on my little trailer and then get the frame in the basement. Once it’s in I’ll go over it. 

12 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis :yay:😎:yay:👍:2beers:

buy the way i am still waiting for an answer in the PM

It’s getting worse. You may not get the answer you want to hear. 

Ok I didn’t leave it set like that. It’s nicely ( not really) tucked away under my tractor port. But now I sort of blocked my tractor so I can’t move the frame. So the frame sleeps outside tonight. The three not good body mount holes are all on the driver’s side. Passenger side is perfect. It doesn’t look like it but it’s uphill to the patio and I need my tractor to push it. 

950951D3-1493-428B-829B-FA0CEDE59D94.jpeg

B368DE3D-A77B-4C3A-8E07-FA4F3E64D07C.jpeg

2202F474-31FC-4F7F-A4CB-FECCCE5E5744.jpeg

9FC3A813-AB85-42EF-B537-5FB320EE0445.jpeg

2EB3688F-0E5B-46A4-B047-453EC3A47E28.jpeg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Leghome said:

Dennis if your gas tank on this one is iffy I have the one I took out of my 72 last  fall that looks like it is brand new, Went with a tank for the Holley Sniper EFI and we are only two hours away

Thanks I’ll keep it in mind. Still don’t know what I’m doing. It’s getting worse as I go. Lol. 

You made pretty good progress today, what's next?  See what's wrong with the engine? 

I'd like to but I’m thinking I tore up the rearend in my pickup. So I have to investigate that. I need my truck or I can’t go to Carlisle. That’s funny. Probably just a wheel bearing. I’ve have an extra rearend with about 10,000 miles on it. “ In stock”. Yes. Got to use that. But I did get the frame in the basement. So that helps. I double checked the vin on the engine. 👍👍. I may sneak in the basement and check that engine out. Lol. 

076264B2-2366-4216-9F1A-936F25CEDAEA.jpeg

182B06B4-0198-46FE-988C-FC11B15E15B7.jpeg

F2D71C5C-1A2D-4154-A7D9-C43DA51D4301.jpeg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, willie said:

Nice job Dennis, keep up the good work!!!   Looks like the bedrooms will be filled soon. And i am loving it!!!

Maybe not the bedroom but the parts for sale bin. Lol. 

33 minutes ago, willie said:

Nope, should NOT happen!!! 

That’s funny Willie. If you read the post in order you’re telling a restoration should not happen. But I know how you really feel. 

• Like 2

I haven’t pulled the heads yet but I think I found the beginning of the problem. I took the exhaust manifolds off and took pictures of the exhaust ports. Next up pull the heads and find out the real damage 

043A3A34-E3F5-4A46-93EC-4D9E11F2B718.jpeg

F0FFD28D-68CE-409F-8A42-703DDCA1E520.jpeg

1B37F974-51B0-4BD2-BE1F-0F0B589F9D29.jpeg

2A44FF8A-11D1-4BFA-BA5E-B3480185DB15.jpeg

It'll make a nice end table if you paint it up real pretty 🤣.

If you want, I'll find the place where I ordered the glass top for mine :yay: