Topic suggestion

LOL   I was going to say where are those pork chops in the other pics!!  LOL   Dennis the car is a SHE there are no rhyme or reason for her to be rusted on some and not the other. lol

9 hours ago, willie said:

LOL   I was going to say where are those pork chops in the other pics!!  LOL   Dennis the car is a SHE there are no rhyme or reason for her to be rusted on some and not the other. lol

Willie you got the SH part right. Lol. 

Frame is now stripped, came apart relatively easy. Both engine mounts that bolt on the frame had the wrong setup of bolts and washers. The were tightened to the shoulder of the bolts leaving the mount loose, I guess that explains both broken rubber engine mounts. Lol. I’m guessing someone doesn’t know how to install a shock either. Leaving the hole on the frame screwed up. Have to fix that before I can sell it. Lol. 

DCA82C4E-DE1F-43BA-B69E-316EA474D27B.jpeg

C79C3007-05C3-48BC-B314-4743B246D3D7.jpeg

895C5973-02CF-465E-B691-35EA71FEBD2B.jpeg

• Like 3

Dennis there is going to be alot of fixing before you sell it, its called restoring her!!!! And your well on your way!!!  lol

:yay::yay::yay: and when your done :2beers: even i will have one with you!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, willie said:

Dennis there is going to be alot of fixing before you sell it, its called restoring her!!!! And your well on your way!!!  lol

:yay::yay::yay: and when your done :2beers: even i will have one with you!!

IF. It gets done, we will be drinking through an IV in our arms. lol 😝 

• Like 1

IF. It gets done, we will be drinking through an IV in our arms. lol 😝 

Dennis a Drink is a Drink.... Doesn't matter how it gets there!

You finish the car and then we will talk about it!!!  LOL

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 1Bad454 said:

What are your thoughts?

I’m slowly, very very slowly cleaning up all the parts I can here and do the parts as if I am going to restore the car. If I decide not to do the car the parts will be presentable to sell off. But that will take a while because I’m not really motivated to do anything. 

• Like 1

I don't have half the knowledge or time and space to take on a challenge like that. I hope you post a lot of progress pictures as the build moves along. Good luck and I'll be watching.

• Like 1

As I’m always looking for Monte parts, I came across these in southern Kentucky. The guy said the hood was a 71, but he said the fenders were for a 70. He wanted 500 bucks for all three. Ok I’m in, two patched fenders for a 70. That made me take the drive. When I got there I told him the fenders were 71/72 and are of no use to me. As I was leaving he asked me if I would give him 200 bucks for all three. Needless to say they are here now. Lol. Don’t mind the surface rust as they have been sitting outside with bare metal. No rust holes at all. Just some small dings to fix. But not the best of work on the patches, but I think they can be fixed pretty easy. And that’s coming from me. Not a body guy. 

6230A408-80D2-410E-99BE-9F1486DA900F.jpeg

88FB352F-B8DD-438C-813E-B421E17F9CB4.jpeg

5212A7E6-7CE4-4379-9E51-F02CC5652175.jpeg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

I believe the hood spear is a '70.... Didn't the '71 have the gun sight ???

Yes it did. But it’s a bad angle on my picture. Here’s another picture 

4BB0051F-9B62-48DB-B5CE-CCAB5A38E5C1.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MC1of80 said:

The 70s is much thinner and taller. 

The light color one is off my 70. The rust/ black colored one I just picked up. (71/72). These look the same to me. I thought 70 had two holes and 71/72 had three. I guess it’s possible that my pos70 has a 71 hood with a production date of 4/70. 

48AA468E-5F57-43D5-8175-AD405525FA08.jpeg

4F4276C8-78F2-4590-9312-0C6504A80C1E.jpeg

• Like 1

71 and 72 hoods have an extra hole in them for where the 71 hood emblem spring assy goes through the hood. For 72 they eliminated the emblem and made the spear wide to cover the holes. 

If you take a 70 hood spear and put it onto a 71-72 hood, the spear doesn't fully cover the holes for the hood emblem.  Ask me how I know. Lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Dtret said:

The light color one is off my 70. The rust/ black colored one I just picked up. (71/72). These look the same to me. I thought 70 had two holes and 71/72 had three. I guess it’s possible that my pos70 has a 71 hood with a production date of 4/70. 

48AA468E-5F57-43D5-8175-AD405525FA08.jpeg

4F4276C8-78F2-4590-9312-0C6504A80C1E.jpeg

That's probably why the emblem is missing from the spear on the hood you just acquired. It's a 70 hood. 

9 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

That's probably why the emblem is missing from the spear on the hood you just acquired. It's a 70 hood. 

Ok I was confused. I always thought (bad thing for me) you were talking about the three holes on the bottom side of the hood. Never occurred to me you were talking about the top side. Lol. I’ll pull the spear off. 

Just now, 714024SPEED said:

72 hood spear is wider to cover the holes

Ya. I’m stupid. I just reread Tom’s reply. I could have saved myself 20 minutes trying to load pictures if I would have paid attention. lol 

• Haha 1

My original 71 hood has a small kink by the passenger hood hinge ( underside only). My original 70 hood same thing. Neither one made it to the upper side of the hood though. And I think they can be repaired. This new one is not kinked but you can see where it’s starting to rust and get weak. I’m starting to gather a collection of junk body panels. 3 hoods( one 70 two 71/72), two trunk lids, 7 fenders ( three 70 drivers, one 70 passenger, one 71/72 drivers, two 71/72 passenger). Lol. And I’m still looking for some I can actually use. I know the repops are now available ( hood, deck lid and fenders) but I just don’t want to go that way.