Topic suggestion

1 hour ago, Scott S. said:

The '72 hood spear has a flat face at the front,(thanks to you guys for pointing that out.)

Almost big enough to put an emblem in ??

There should be an MC in the center on the 72 hood spear. The "sticker" is somewhat produced by the aftermarket but is not like the original. For that you need to purchase an nos 72 hood spear. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well I spent the day finishing the body gut. All done. The front and rear glass was fun by myself. lol. Ironically the windshield was still original. Now it’s time to clean it up and see what I got ( I already have a very good idea). 

29B95C22-9257-4A20-A0E9-5ABC2B9E9A1B.jpeg

331F1861-03F0-4F62-8EEE-87C4F061B77C.jpeg

FDDD0E43-A57E-43C6-9699-05DE3B43ABBF.jpeg

B208DB5A-90E8-445C-BF50-A5E07C7B4EC4.jpeg

3EB5E819-44EE-4894-8F39-7A3559D1311C.jpeg

871874FA-345C-4AFF-94E7-30140F9C93A3.jpeg

47497458-461E-4AAD-956D-05C87889B64F.jpeg

2AD056BB-7B47-4D93-BB76-CE50C77C22FC.jpeg

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, willie said:

Already 10x better than what ever i started with, for sure!!

Keep it up Dennis!!!

I hear that Willie! My 71 402 4speed was way worse than that but thanks to my brother Kevin, she's all metal again! He performed miracles! 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

I hear that Willie! My 71 402 4speed was way worse than that but thanks to my brother Kevin, she's all metal again! He performed miracles! 

That’s the difference though. You guys have body guys that work with rust repair. Me not so much. But maybe I’ll learn. 

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

That’s the difference though. You guys have body guys that work with rust repair. Me not so much. But maybe I’ll learn. 

No body guys here. Self taught.

• Like 2

All ball bustin’ aside, your tenacity is admirable. I seriously wouldn’t have clue the first on how to approach such an endeavor. I’d be researching classic car restoration places and writing checks. That said, I expect to see the “POS ‘70” at Carlisle next year. 

• Like 1

Here we go again, alot of work, yes but well worth it in the end. I only see one maybe two bad spot/areas, the rest are just cut and weld in new piece/s. You can do it Dennis!!!

I like Glen just keep writing the checks because i do NOT have any of that ability! However i am not pushing Dennis to see it this year, but next for sure! LOL

Come on Dennis "YOU CAN DO IT"!!!

On 8/29/2022 at 8:16 AM, Dtret said:

Glen. That’s definitely not going to happen Willie. That’s probably not going to happen. 

He said “probably not going to happen”. There’s hope!! 😂 

• Like 2

Sammy i think Dennis is drinking some of that funny water. When he says probably, he means yes but no rush. So i am guessing at 2 years. I think thats fair for him. He did the last one in 10 months. After all What else does he have to do?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

We may have to have a mini meet deck staining party at Dennis's house, is Karen up to having guests? I'll bring my tent for me I think you have room for it some probably. Dennis and Karens air bnb.

Let me know. I have tents. Or space for campers. BYOPB. You’ll find the house it will have a poster board dancing banana by the mailbox. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3