Topic suggestion

I pulled the right head off. Found the valve. Lol. No damage visible. No shiny spots on the head, piston or valve. So at least it wasn’t broken too long. No marks on the cylinder walls either. The head gasket is still on in the picture of the block. Off to the other side. 

5BCB441F-DF39-44A2-9365-B3D50C9728B7.jpeg

337F9F52-FFD0-466C-9211-9FA732888EE1.jpeg

19B99B44-948E-4C68-8A5E-CA885BBCA24B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

See Dennis, as bad as it looks... its not that bad. Doable is the word i am using. No fun but Doable.

Your engine builder can handle that, i am sure.

Joe your not helping...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, willie said:

See Dennis, as bad as it looks... its not that bad. Doable is the word i am using. No fun but Doable.

Your engine builder can handle that, i am sure.

Joe your not helping...

Willie that’s because Joe is smarter then us. I’m just to curious that’s my problem. Had to find out. Everything can be fixed. lol. I’m liking the “torching” idea more and more each day. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No Dennis, no fire or torching!!   Joe has been in the hot tub to much lately. Or the water is too hot, i think he is frying MY one brain cell that i have left.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’m liking the “torching” idea more and more each day. 

it's either torch the car, or big giant bags of money to fix it 🤣

:devil:💰💰💰:devil:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jft69z said:

it's either torch the car, or big giant bags of money to fix it 🤣

:devil:💰💰💰:devil:

See Willie now you got Joe thinking. That’s the first time he has put an”or” in print. Lol. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, willie said:

What else is Dennis going to do with his spare change and time, lots of that also.

Seems like I have no spare time and definitely no spare change. lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

See Willie now you got Joe thinking. That’s the first time he has put an ”or” in print. Lol. 

More of a cautionary tale, not an optional path, lol. 

(Actually I meant burning either the car, or burning the big bags of money, but it sounded better in my head when I wrote it 😁)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, jft69z said:

More of a cautionary tale, not an optional path, lol. 

(Actually I meant burning either the car, or burning the big bags of money, but it sounded better in my head when I wrote it 😁)

Either way I still like the fire idea. 

1 hour ago, Searsman said:

Someone please give this guy some encouragement bananas ! 🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌

I don’t need encouragement, I need a head examination. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I don’t need encouragement, I need a head examination. 

Good luck on this Dennis… I tried to restored a 56 Crown Vic in similar condition many years ago … All I end up with was a patch work of new and replacement parts. Lucky for me was that some of the station wagons in the junk yards had the same bumpers, dash and other parts. Finding a Crown Vic was very difficult. I also had to use the engine and drive gears from Mercury donor cars.  

The car was at least back on the road and looked pretty good… It wasn't one I wanted to keep. The Crown is what separated the car from the other 56 Fords.   Same thing with the Monte Carlo … Very special car.   Tough decision you have to make.. 

Ed C. 

Ed, Dennis is going to do the car, he has to. Look at all the experience and knowledge he is gaining. And he shouldn't have the problem that you had with the Crown, because he knows he can get the stuff from us, somewhere, someone will have it. 

Joe you're getting like me, talking to myself and answering, all in the same sentence.  lol

Come on Dennis!!! What do i have to do trade my dancing bananas for emoji dancing cheerleaders?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, willie said:

Ed, Dennis is going to do the car, he has to. Look at all the experience and knowledge he is gaining. And he shouldn't have the problem that you had with the Crown, because he knows he can get the stuff from us, somewhere, someone will have it. 

Joe you're getting like me, talking to myself and answering, all in the same sentence.  lol

Come on Dennis!!! What do i have to do trade my dancing bananas for emoji dancing cheerleaders?

I agree, I'd probably do it too…

I'm all about putting them back on the road. I'm more into driving them than making a perfect show car and trailering them to car shows. 

I ended up selling my Crown Vic, my 54 Merc and 36 Chevy to a Ford dealership… I hated doing it,,, but my family needed a new home more than the cars… Besides that, I still had my 70 Monte Carlo and 56 Mercury to drive. 

ed

1 hour ago, willie said:

Cheerleaders may work. Lol. Better then the stupid bananas. LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Cheerleaders may work. Lol. Better then the stupid bananas. LOL

Well, alrighty then....:yay:

ugly-cheerleaders10.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Joe i knew with all my heart, you would come through!!!   It would have taken me weeks to find Dennis's new mascots!!!

I am sitting here laughing so hard, tears are rolling down my face!!!  lmfao

• Haha 2

Back to the body. It only gets worse. I pulled the doors off today. Passenger side is junk, drivers side is perfect (?). Pulled the dash and all the electrical. No major issues. Pulled the hvac boxes. Nice surprise there. Look at the pictures. lol. More rust. See I knew my trip yesterday to PA would pay off. I got a perfect heater box. If I do this. 

8B41592B-C24B-47F7-8E4F-2F51C009C862.jpeg

A917757B-A470-4507-8433-2A3388CB9A88.jpeg

6A2F538F-F95C-48B9-95EC-E62B50A34C5B.jpeg

A187A045-860E-41C8-B2BF-AED5A7AA73DB.jpeg

A187A045-860E-41C8-B2BF-AED5A7AA73DB.jpeg