A/C liquid line routing

TheBMan

I got a new liquid line for my A/C system. It goes from the drier to the expansion valve. As you can see from the photo, I have the line routed around the battery but the line is stretched very tight. I mentioned this to the maker (Original Air Group) and they said that they think the proper routing is over or beside the battery (between the radiator and the battery). 

Does anyone know for sure what the proper routing is?

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5528.JPG

Sorry, I misunderstood your question and didn’t compare pictures. I’m a bit slow this morning. Mine is routed completely behind the battery and rides the inner wheel well. Although mine looks like it has significant slack in it. 

• Like 1

Glen, I think Bryan is looking for the line that routes along the inner fender around the battery. Bryan as you can see on Glen's car it looks like your line is to short. I would measure mine but the car is still at the trim shop. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glen said:

Sorry, I misunderstood your question and didn’t compare pictures. I’m a bit slow this morning. Mine is routed completely behind the battery and rides the inner wheel well. Although mine looks like it has significant slack in it. 

Thanks Glen! I think the proper routing is around the battery, like yours, but I'm hoping to get feedback from a few of my peers to confirm.

• Like 1

I will check the pictures I took while I was doing my AC update but I thought it ran between the battery and the radiator.  I have to try to find my pictures.

rob

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

I will check the pictures I took while I was doing my AC update but I thought it ran between the battery and the radiator.  I have to try to find my pictures.

rob

Thanks @Rob Peters! There is no room to go between the battery and radiator on my car and the way the line is bent wouldn't allow that regardless. I'm very curious about what you have!

image.png

The below pictures are of my engine compartment prior to my AC rebuild.  The line you are talking about can be easily seen running along the frame straight to the front and not laying up on the inner fender well.  If mine had been routed behind the battery it would have been up on the inner fender well.  The large foam pad it to protect it from rubbing on the frame.  My Monte is a 350.  I am not sure if a big block would be any different.  

One of the pictures shows the drier with the line going directly throught the radiator support throught a grommet right between the battery and the radiator.  Mine did not go behind the battery.

rob

image.thumb.jpeg.3771815a45a780ef2b8132e648d47b2b.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.9a404390afe8f92ceafa5bad3e339ab0.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.a5eff1d2d670fa8e937c25d44b53e35a.jpeg

• Like 1

My lines/parts came from Original Air Group. I routed the line below the battery as it seemed to fit best that way. I seem to recall the hard line needed to be tweaked/bent a little bit to fit better.

20220419_114312.jpg

20220419_113709.jpg

20220419_113552.jpg

@Rob Peters Thanks for the pictures. There isn't any way that my line can go between the battery and the radiator but I think @jft69zJoe's setup may be the solution (under the battery). It looks like @1970mcssPaul's car does the same thing. I'm going to mess with it later today and see if it works that way. I'll report back here. Thanks men!

Best to pull the battery out, pull the battery tray. Run the line so it ends up under the battery tray and between the two legs of the battery tray. You may not have to pull anything if you can get it to slide under the battery tray. Probably a lot easier to at least have the battery out of the way. That way you can get proper torquage “ my cousin Vinny lol) on the hose nut. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1