First time paint correction.

Lou

Because of no experience, I didn't want to go real aggressive so all I did was exfoliate with comet cleanser and water, Meguiar's Mirror Glaze 2, then Meguiar's Ultimate Compound, and then a coat of Eagle One Nano Wax. I did a couple test areas first. One area I did on the deck lid (that will need a playing card size patch anyway) I wet sanded with 1200 grit then polished and it came out like a mirror.

Not bad for 52 year old single stage paint that's probably thin and brittle, in my lack of experience opinion.

IMG_20200915_185920024.thumb.jpg.47e2c5a189eb3e305081e5cf4a90e2be.jpgIMG_20220418_145911348.thumb.jpg.dd0979e7e54aeea08d90a2d27fdefdd1.jpg

• Like 3

It looks good Lou, you need to bring that beauty to Carlisle, Pa in June for the club Eastern Meet.  It shouldn't be too bad of a drive from north east Ohio and it would be well worth it to see such a large gathering of First Gen Monte's and meet a very large group of our membership in one place.

rob

• Like 2

Would be great, some day. But I still have some work to do before I take it out in the elements. It sat in my driveway for years with a pos car cover ( read, vinyl top/roof skin damage) because my Chevelle was in the garage and my son lost interest and didn't take good care of it. I just brought it into the garage last fall and have been working on it sporadically through the winter.

It's in good hands now.