76 ride transfer to 71

I have great memories of how well my 76 Monte floated down the road with great comfort. Is it @ all possible to replicate that smooth ride in my 71 or is/was it the improvements on the 2nd that were implemented ?

Where do I start, body mounts ? I have replaced the shocks (stock) & front suspension have heavy duty springs & air bags in the rear. 

Appreciate any/all suggestions, & of course I don't want to break the bank...Lol

Thanks

The heavy dity springs and air shocks can gicve you a stiffer ride. I eliminated my air shocks and went with Aior Ride 1000 kit. It puts an air bag inside the spring and you can adjust the ride with air preasure just as you can with the air shocks but the ride is much smoother on my 72 with the basgs versus the shocks

I had a beautiful 76 as well, yes it was surely a smooth ride but I don’t really compare the 71 SS with heavy duty everything to the 76. This one Corners much better and the dealer actually had put a tow bar on the rear which someone took off later . Doubt the 76 could handle the weight.. low HP 350 too. But, I do miss that car . Still like the first gens more tho… and like Larry said , change a few things, it may ride better. 

The 2nd Gen Monte’s were built differently. I don’t know all the details, but I do know they ride a lot “floatier.” The 1st Gen was built on a modified muscle car frame and as such, rides a bit more like a muscle car. 
I love the styling of the 1st Gen the most of all Monte’s. But that ride quality of the 2nd Gen is second to none.