Goodguys car show Raleigh NC

Hey Guys, I just picked up a 72 Monte Carlo, beautiful orig 46,000 miles was refurbished. Got the build sheet, protecto plate , etc built in balto plant, grew up there now live northern MD. I have the original build sheet and states 305 engine. It is a 350 4 bbl car on sticker on car, etc. According to sales brochure 305 was not avalible on a Monte. Is the build sheet wrong ? Is this documented if wrong? It appears that Vin says H code for 350 4 bbl, what gives? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Mark

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark Ruggiero said:

I have the original build sheet and states 305 engine. 

The GM 305 engine wasn't available until 1976, so something arrears to be incorrect on the build sheet.

17 hours ago, Mark Ruggiero said:

Hey Guys, I just picked up a 72 Monte Carlo, beautiful orig 46,000 miles was refurbished. Got the build sheet, protecto plate , etc built in balto plant, grew up there now live northern MD. I have the original build sheet and states 305 engine. It is a 350 4 bbl car on sticker on car, etc. According to sales brochure 305 was not avalible on a Monte. Is the build sheet wrong ? Is this documented if wrong? It appears that Vin says H code for 350 4 bbl, what gives? Any answers would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, Mark

Surely a clerical mistake. The numbers on my POP vs. those stamped on my engine are off:  someone mistook a “2” for a “7”.  Everything else jives. So don’t sweat the small stuff. You know what you have. 

2 hours ago, sbarnette said:

Clint, are you going to the Eastern Meet in Carlisle? I’m going and Bob who owns the Blue 72 pictured above is going as well. Anyone else from NC?

No, I don't own a Monte Carlo right now ( sold it a couple years ago) but hope to find another one and would like to make one of those meets when I do.

11 minutes ago, clint w said:

No, I don't own a Monte Carlo right now ( sold it a couple years ago) but hope to find another one and would like to make one of those meets when I do.

You don't need a Monte to show up at a meet.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jft69z said:

You don't need a Monte to show up at a meet.

X2 what Joe said, this will be my 2nd meet without my Monte in tow. Great group of people in the club and you can just soak in all the Monte greatness from everyone else's 

• Like 3