70 drivers power seat ?

DragCat

Ok couldn't find anything in the search, went back to 2018 lol. Power seat stopped working, I hear the motor turning but seat doesn't move. Of course the seat is set all the way back and I can't fit my big head between the seat and the back seat to look for something obvious. So first the questions I have from reading the service manual, do I need to remove the seat back first before I attempt to remove the seat cushion? I'm assuming I can't remove the seat from the tracks without pulling the whole kit n caboodle to begin with and then remove the seat from the tracks.

Of course any and all suggestions/tricks/tips from those who have been down this road before are very much appreciated. 

Seat back can stay attached, no need to do that. I'll call you in a few...

EDIT: It went to VM. Call me when you're available.

• Like 1

Like Joe said, seat back stays attached and seat bottom cannot be removed like new cars. 

From the front, see if you can see the power motor. If not, feel for it. Locate the cables that come out of the motor, remove them and hook up a drill to them. Obviously one at a time and see if the seat moves. If it does the issue is most likely at the motor or the motor itself. If not, the cable attaching point at the other end may be the issue. 

• Like 2

Or like we just talked about on the phone, the more expensive option, the little drive transmissions are bad, lol.......well maybe not lol...

4 hours ago, Dtret said:

Put it where you want it and leave it there. Who else drives the car. I can’t remember the last time I moved my seat. Lol. 

He moves it depending if he's at the race track or street driving. I tossed that idea out there, lol.

The drive belt may be an issue too.

• Like 2

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. With more knowledge I did a little more investigating yesterday and ended up LMAO so I thought I'd share my warped humor with the update. 

So wanting to see how much of a pita the rear seat bolts were going to be, and having a better idea of the speedo cable looking connections I started looking for the obvious, yea I know wishful thinking. So there's also what I'll call a worm gear looking thing so I decided to activate the seat switch and see if there's anything obvious while I'm watching under the seat with my flashlight. And BOOM the seat starts moving forward......So the first thing that runs through my mind is the Monte is telling me Dude, I'm old and tired and you need to start dropping your winter weight 🤣

So the good news is that its not totally broke, but its still on the list to do, just probably just a little further down. As Joe mentioned, the "O" ring/belt maybe stretched out and needs replacement or the gears are just worn out and need to be rebuilt or replaced. Another cheaper idea that was floated around was just downgrading to manual seat tracks, time will tell. And yea like Joe mentioned, at the track, even in my DD I move the seat forward versus my cruising around a little more laid back configuration. 

So thanks again to all and I learned something else about my Monte so it was a good day.

• Like 3

I found that extra drive belt Mark. I'll pack it with the rest of the stuff for Carlisle, unless you need it sooner.

20220425_095838.jpg

19 hours ago, jft69z said:

I found that extra drive belt Mark. I'll pack it with the rest of the stuff for Carlisle, unless you need it sooner.

Thanks Joe, Carlise is fine 

On 4/25/2022 at 10:05 AM, jft69z said:

20220425_095838.jpg

I didn’t realize the plant had “ ziplock “ bags. Or did you actually have to buy them. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So, after the fact it did actually move on its own, do you have the factory front cover for it ,or does it collect all the soda drink straws like mine does. That belt, o-ring has some tension to to move us back and forth. I'm going to take mine out and give it a complete overhaul since it has been  14 years since the last time. Maybe make a nice aluminum cover for it. Maybe Joe would be willing since he'll be retiring soon. post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I didn’t realize the plant had “ ziplock “ bags. Or did you actually have to buy them. Lol. 

Aren't you funny....

They must be left over from when we had to live there a couple of years ago during the covid lockdown. 'Sysco' restaurant supply dropped us off pallets of food/supplies twice a week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 420ponies said:

So, after the fact it did actually move on its own, do you have the factory front cover for it ,or does it collect all the soda drink straws like mine does. That belt, o-ring has some tension to to move us back and forth. I'm going to take mine out and give it a complete overhaul since it has been  14 years since the last time. Maybe make a nice aluminum cover for it. Maybe Joe would be willing since he'll be retiring soon. post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg

If your talking about the black plastic cover that goes over the O-ring pully's yea it was there. It was super clean under mine, props to the PO not my doing lol 

• Like 2