My Former SS Going to a Big Auction

This is a bittersweet sight. But this is what I do for a living, restoring cars, so my name is on this car forever no matter who owns it, knowing I built a car from the  ground up off the frame in my backyard and it's going to Mecum, this is a big deal.

I thought about it myself but as well as it done at the local auction, after all the expenses and fees I would have to have gotten significantly more. This guy will too, he's in it for 57,750 before any fees at Mecum plus selling fees.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0522-502394/1970-chevrolet-monte-carlo-ss/

• Like 6

Could it top $100,000? The way they're selling cars at these Auctions....it could happen. Great to see your car in the mix. Like I said before, If I bought it, It's going to be mine for quite some time before I'd even think about selling it. Just too nice to let it go. That's going to be a collection car , because of where it originated from. Those Midwest boys like to keep there stuff around those parts. I'd really like to see it go across the block and see what happens. Seems we don't get to see these 1st Gens on the shows.

One part of me says “congratulations” while another part of me MF’s the dude you sold it to for trying to flip it. 

I know business is business, but it never sits well with me when people do s%#t like this, whether it’s a car or a property. Totally diminishes the hard work people put into things, in my opinion.

That said, it’ll definitely be interesting to see what she brings. 

• Like 2

I gotta say again what a beautifully done Monte! Black & Red! WOW!!

Any auction price higher than what was realised in the first auction only furthers the kudos to Jared's workmanship.

It also puts our cars higher on the list (also a win!)

Attaboy, Jared! This car will be long remembered! 😎👍

Jeff 1970 SS Black & Saddle

• Like 1

I thought that car looked familiar when I saw the listing lol. I remember when I went to Mecum looking to get a Monte, me and another member here got outbid on a silver one by a flipper. sat on his site for close to 2 years, made me smile a bit everytime I saw it. The only consolation I can say is that you got your reserve. I'm sure someone is going to pay a lot more at mecum for it. Thats why the serious hunters always check ALL the for sale sites, but so do the big flippers lol. 

• Like 1

I found the ad where Jared’s car is listed going across the block at Mecum. Also noticed a handful of other first gens. Any idea how we could find out if/what these cars sold for once the auction ends?  I tried to look at Mecum’s website a while back to check on what a car sold for and couldn’t find an option to check prices of sold cars. 

14 minutes ago, Glen said:

I found the ad where Jared’s car is listed going across the block at Mecum. Also noticed a handful of other first gens. Any idea how we could find out if/what these cars sold for once the auction ends?  I tried to look at Mecum’s website a while back to check on what a car sold for and couldn’t find an option to check prices of sold cars. 

If you sign up/register on the website you can check the prices of the lot numbers after they have crossed the block. At least that's how it used to work 

6 hours ago, Glen said:

As Mark said, you just need to sign up on their site and it is free to do so. You can watch it live on their site too.

• 3 weeks later...