Reproduction 72 grill

layerac

I wonder how many years it will be before they actually have stock on them.  Still waiting for them to get those reproduction metal front fenders in stock so we can hear from someone who has installed them but we can continue to wait for those too.

rob

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I wonder how many years it will be before they actually have stock on them. 

But.....they offer free shipping on it! 🤣.

Which means, if they do ever get it in stock by some small miracle, you'll still never see it....

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Searsman said:

Sorry, but if opgi says “ in stock soon”. Don’t bother... 

As far as I am concerned if it ahs to do with OPGI forget it. always find it cheaper especially after their shipping prices

• Like 4

• 9 months later...
16 minutes ago, McCall72 said:

Well, I'll be the guinea pig on this one. Placed an order for one. I'll do a review on it once it comes some year.

Did you call them to see if it's in stock? I've never ordered anything without seeing if it's in stock.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Did you call them to see if it's in stock? I've never ordered anything without seeing if it's in stock.

No, but I figured on it being a while before I get it like I do with most things with OPGI. For me, the juice is worth the squeeze on this one. My grille has bothered me for 20 years and the price to rechrome one is ridiculous. Figured that with the money back guarantee, its worth a shot to try this out.

For what its worth, 2 people have left positive reviews with March 2023 dates on Opgi's website so it appears that they are shipping these.

5 hours ago, McCall72 said:

For what its worth, 2 people have left positive reviews with March 2023 dates on Opgi's website so it appears that they are shipping these.

They probably pulled all the negative reviews. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Arron should just cancel his year old order from opgi and order from ss396 ,  I finally cancelled a 5 year old backorder from opgi on a rear view mirror... got tired of getting the on backorder emails every few weeks... I got it from SS396 anyway...

• Like 2

I don’t get why they would reproduce a 72 grille. 1970 & 71 would of been a lot easier. Sorry all you 1972 Monte owners.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2023 at 1:06 AM, MC-71 said:

I don’t get why they would reproduce a 72 grille. 1970 & 71 would of been a lot easier. Sorry all you 1972 Monte owners.

Probably came down to sales numbers. I think out of the 3 years the 72 was the biggest seller. More 72's more grille orders potentially. 

• Like 1

I don't see a problem with it being plastic as most modern grills are plastic chrome and they hold up just fine and you get a weight savings too. also most old cars don't get driven in the elements so they will be fine.

Called SS396 today in hopes of getting some more details on their grille. They are A. Also on backorder and B. the person on the phone didn't know what their grille was made out of.

I was hoping to find out that they were metal grilles because theirs is a full 120.00 more dollars than I paid for the one at OPGI.

• Like 1