Alignment specs coilover/tubular control arms

It's been a long long time since I've posted so Hello.

I need specs to take advantage of the geometry improvements of tubular U/L control arms jegs and qa1 coilovers.  

I don't want an autocross setup- just a cruiser for my weekend jaunts in the country.

Getting her ready ro drive to Carlisle next month.

Thanks for anybody's experience. 

Carl Hanson (VA)

• Like 3

Did you try checking with the manufacturer of the control arms? Ive been wondering this myself as I want to upgrade my control arms and wanted to know what specs to use.

I took my 72 to an alignment shop where the guy knew old cars and could set it up accordingly. These kids today have no idea on how to set up our cars correctly. I used thee dealership I sworked at part time and They did a decent job until I got Bruce to look atit. he said it was close but after he adjusted it it was perfect

• Like 2

Jegs has no written specs on their site and I did not bother to call and talk with a "kid"(:

Having scoured many posts, and mag articles here is what I'm going with:

.5 negative camber 

4.0 positive caster

1/16-1/8 toe

5 hours ago, 1972mc said:

Jegs has no written specs on their site and I did not bother to call and talk with a "kid"(:

Having scoured many posts, and mag articles here is what I'm going with:

.5 negative camber 

4.0 positive caster

1/16-1/8 toe

That should get you in the ballpark. I was going to do 4.5 positive caster, -0.7 camber, and 1/16 toe in. 

Are you sure the jegs control arms fix geometry issues? I thought I'd read they were basically tubular control arms built to factory specs.

I personally went with QA1 control arms and the Viking Performance coilover set front and rear.

8 hours ago, amsterdam84 said:

Are you sure the jegs control arms fix geometry issues? I thought I'd read they were basically tubular control arms built to factory specs.

I personally went with QA1 control arms and the Viking Performance coilover set front and rear.

Thats a good point. Some tubular control arms are built stock specs, while others change the suspension geometry. Need to find out what you have.

John