Found this last night. Car looks really nice from the pictures provided. Power locks and windows. AC car. Rear defroster (although cutout in package tray look suspect)?  Tank for air shocks is there. Ditto boxed control arms and shock protector plates. No tach. Has a ‘71 air cleaner lid sticker 🤔.  What say you gents?

https://classiccars.com/listings/view/1595306/1970-chevrolet-monte-carlo-for-sale-in-ocala-florida-34480

• Like 1

Also has the somewhat rare fiber optic light monitoring system.

rob

25 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

Good catch. I should’ve noticed that seeing that mine was also originally equipped with that, but no longer has it and I have thought about it just recently. Someday she will be returned to her original glory 😬

Yea looks nice from the pictures, bench seat with column shift strikes me weird lol. And I don't like idiot lights in the dash but that's me. 

"Also has the somewhat rare fiber optic light monitoring system." are those the things on the front fenders ???

Funny seeing the price, Hagerty just emailed me suggesting I UP the value on mine. Might not be a bad idea with current prices going up. 

8 minutes ago, DragCat said:

"Also has the somewhat rare fiber optic light monitoring system." are those the things on the front fenders ???

Mark,

That is correct, the chrome bezels on the front fenders and also the small black plastic bezel in the center of the rear package tray.  The one in the rear package has three indicators, two red ones that monitor the left and right tail lights, brake lights and turn signals and a white one that monitors the license plate lamp.

The chrome ones on each front fender each have two indicators, a clear/white one that monitors the parking lights and turn signals and a green one that monitors the head lights.

rob

• Thanks 1

It looks like it has nearly all of the SS equipment but missing the chrome exhaust tips. I can’t really see any other SS stuff missing. One thing that is strange is that it doesn’t have a black steering wheel but I have heard there are exceptions where some SS cars got the colour matched wheel. I would still need to check the numbers on the block and/or see the build sheet.

One thing you don’t often see is the 1971/72 style vinyl roof trim with the extra 1970 trim under the headlights.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

rob

How rare is the fiber optic monitoring system ??

Nice clean car, would have to get a better look underneath for me to say it’s a true SS.. prices seem to be like everything else,  going 🆙🔼⬆️⤴️

May have to call my insurance rep, again!

5 hours ago, Scott S. said:

How rare is the fiber optic monitoring system ??

Scott,

It is not the most rare option but it is rare.  I do know of several of our members who have this option.  I know of a couple members whose car did not have it from the factory but added it later. 

It is an option that was only available on the Monte in 1970.  It uses fiber optics to transmit the light from the lights to the indicators on the fenders and the indicator on the rear package tray.  The hardest part of adding them to a car that did not originally come with it is finding the proper bezels and lens.

rob

17 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Scott,

It is not the most rare option but it is rare.  I do know of several of our members who have this option.  I know of a couple members whose car did not have it from the factory but added it later. 

It is an option that was only available on the Monte in 1970.  It uses fiber optics to transmit the light from the lights to the indicators on the fenders and the indicator on the rear package tray.  The hardest part of adding them to a car that did not originally come with it is finding the proper bezels and lens.

rob

Oh, I thought it was the fiber optics to the washer fluid container they were talking about......