Steering wheel - what to get or not to ?

My original 71 steering wheel is cracked and can now feel it. Its a stock wheel with the burlwood script.  Thinking about the 3 spoke comfort grip or 4 - spoke sport wheel NK4 . Is there any repops I should stay away from or someone has experience with good or bad?   

Thanks

• Like 1

6 hours ago, snomobeelr said:

My original 71 steering wheel is cracked and can now feel it. Its a stock wheel with the burlwood script.  Thinking about the 3 spoke comfort grip or 4 - spoke sport wheel NK4 . Is there any repops I should stay away from or someone has experience with good or bad?   

Thanks

Great subject… I was going to ask members the same thing… Mine is cracked and I've been looking to change it … 

Ed C

2 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

The 3 spoke is for the 70 and the 4 spoke is for the 71 if going for the stock look. 

Good call. That’s exactly what we both have. 

Me too! Lol.  3 spoke is on "Big Red", my 70 SS and the 4 spoke is on "Barn Find", my 71 402 auto.

Complete kits are available for both wheels. 

IMG_20191026_155823.jpg

IMG_1447.JPG

• Like 1

I have the 4-spoke in my 71. I have a 3-spoke sport wheel to put in the 70 but still need to get all the hub hardware to put it in the car.

3 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Me too! Lol.  3 spoke is on "Big Red", my 70 SS and the 4 spoke is on "Barn Find", my 71 402 auto.

Complete kits are available for both wheels. 

IMG_20191026_155823.jpg

IMG_1447.JPG

Nice but I’m not sure about the orange helmet. Lol. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dtret said:

Nice but I’m not sure about the orange helmet. Lol. 

You don't like my antique orange helmet? Lol. Only cost 99.00 decades ago. Lol it matched the 71 Chevelle that I had at the time. Lol 

1517251622591-918dce0c-ff68-419e-984d-c38c5f2645d4.jpg

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, MC1of80 said:

You don't like my antique orange helmet? Lol. Only cost 99.00 decades ago. Lol it matched the 72 Chevelle that I had at the time. Lol 

Well you definitely got your moneys worth outta that helmet lol 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Dtret said:

Or the vinyl cover the gets wrapped with the string. Just where do you put the knot?  

Right at the top.... Helps to see if the alignment is still good. 

• Haha 1

The one on the right looks interesting..... Keep in mind how much of a "dish" effect you want to go with. I found that the flat ones felt strange while driving in traffic. 

• Like 1