COUNTDOWN TO FGMCC EASTERN MEET

After today, Sunday June 5, it will be 16 days and a wake-up until many of us start arriving in Carlisle for the Eastern Meet. Bring on the single digits till arrival single digits.

rob.

• Like 1

After today, Monday, we will have only 15 days and a wake-up until many of us start arriving in Carlisle for the Eastern Meet.  We are only a week from single digits.

rob

• Like 1

After today, Tuesday June 7, we will have only 14 days and a wake-up until many of us start arriving in Carlisle for the Eastern Meet. Wow, that is just two weeks from tomorrow. That will also be 6 days from single countdown digits.

rob

After today, Wednesday June 8, we will be 13 days and a wake-up until many of us start arriving in Carlisle for the Eastern Meet. Wow, that is just two weeks from today. That will also be 4 days from single countdown digits.

rob

• Like 1

We are now down to 12 days and a wake-up until our first members will start to arrive in Carlisle for the Eastern meet.  The excitement builds.

rob

Today, Saturday, brings us closer to an important number because after today we will be at the last two digit countdown day.  After today we will be only 10 days and a wake-up before members start arriving in Carlisle.  Single Digits arriving soon.

Due to the fact I have so much to take to Carlisle, Patsy and I will be driving over to the hotel on Monday morning to unload our GMC Terrain Denali of all of the registrations items, goodie bag items, canopy decoration items, door prizes and anything else that would not fit into the Monte along with the grandkids and our luggage for the trip over there on the 22nd.

After we drop that stuff off we will be heading to visit my sister and her husband down in the Raleigh, NC area for a mini-vacation.

rob

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Here are a few pictures of the Denali packed to take meet items to Carlisle first thing Monday morning.  .... Side door shows heavily packed, or should I say crammed full.  View from the rear show, I hope enough room for our baggage for the trip to North Carolina.

rob

Denali.thumb.JPG.61be011efb4e89ca2007fc8750dcedfc.JPG716149222_DenaliPackedSideView.thumb.JPG.6f6e91feb2216f2e5d76e46b03a9bb74.JPG1833549727_DenaliPackedearView.thumb.JPG.45fb307020a9a21ac1187768a288dc12.JPG

• Like 5

We are now down to 10 days and a wake-up until our first members  will start to arrive in Carlisle for the Eastern meet.  We can now continue our count using just the fingers on our two hands and don't have to take off our shoes and socks tomcount on our toes.

rob

• Like 1

As of today we are down to 9 days and a wake up until we start arriving in Carlisle for the Eastern Meet. 

Patsy and I drove over to Carlisle this morning and delivered all of the eastern Meet items.  It was my hope they would have the canopies all set for the GM Nationals but they have not even finished cleaning up from the Ford Nationals that were a week and a half ago.  

rob

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 7:38 PM, Rob Peters said:

Here are a few pictures of the Denali packed to take meet items to Carlisle first thing Monday morning.  .... Side door shows heavily packed, or should I say crammed full.  View from the rear show, I hope enough room for our baggage for the trip to North Carolina.

rob

Denali.thumb.JPG.61be011efb4e89ca2007fc8750dcedfc.JPG716149222_DenaliPackedSideView.thumb.JPG.6f6e91feb2216f2e5d76e46b03a9bb74.JPG1833549727_DenaliPackedearView.thumb.JPG.45fb307020a9a21ac1187768a288dc12.JPG

Rob, did you bring this heat with you down to NC? 100 today with a heat index of 110 to 115. I’m certainly hoping for cooler weather in Carlisle next week!

37 minutes ago, sbarnette said:

Rob, did you bring this heat with you down to NC? 100 today with a heat index of 110 to 115. I’m certainly hoping for cooler weather in Carlisle next week!

Sammy, it should be a little cooler in Carlisle, we will see.  I was going to look you up while we were over in Knightdale but our time there will be short and haven't seen my sister in a couple years so we will be filling that little time easily.  See you next week in Carlisle.

rob

12 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Sammy, it should be a little cooler in Carlisle, we will see.  I was going to look you up while we were over in Knightdale but our time there will be short and haven't seen my sister in a couple years so we will be filling that little time easily.  See you next week in Carlisle.

rob

I understand. Enjoy your time with your sister! I look forward to seeing you next week!

As of today we are down to 8 days and a wake up until we start arriving in Carlisle for the Eastern Meet.  One day shy of a week.

rob

Sorry I missed a day on the countdown.  After today, Thursday, we will have only 5 days and a wake-up till we start arriving in Carlisle to kick off our Eastern Meet.  We will be down to a one hand count-down.  Patsy and I head home from our North Carolina family visit and head back to Pittsburgh and it will be full steam ahead for any last minute planning for the meet..... The tension, I mean excitement is building.

rob

• Like 3

8:00 am Friday morning. I’m home from work already and officially on vacation. Time to get ready for the meet. Woo Hoo.🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌( I couldn’t bring myself to make them dance). 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I will do it for you Dennis, how many do you want?!?!?!  :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:     

We are finally breaking you down!!!

However i am jealous your on vaca and I still have to work!!! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The reality is starting to settle in, this time next week I'll probably be standing outside the hotel drinking coffee looking at a parking lot full of First Gen's 😁

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

Woo Hoo.🍌🍌🍌🍌🍌( I couldn’t bring myself to make them dance). 

Here, let me fix that for you...

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

:yay::yay::yay::yay:

:yay::yay:   

:yay:

I'm  on vacation now too, just have to get moving to get set for Carlisle. I haven't done much so far to get ready...and it's coming fast.

• Like 2

Holy Molly you guys are both on vaca, i will never catch up!!!!   Hope you both get everything done because i know i will NOT!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Officially off for a week now! Looking forward to seeing everyone and hopefully reigniting my car passion. Its been a hellish time lately at work, and havent wanted anything at all to do with any cars, let alone my Monte.  Hoping to get it detailed up before the ride on wednesday with Alaina. Alli will be up on thursday with Adriana and Anthony.

Drive safe everyone, See you soon

• Like 6

22 hours ago, jft69z said:

I'm  on vacation now too, just have to get moving to get set for Carlisle. I haven't done much so far to get ready...and it's coming fast.

Yeah, I am on vacation too.  Permanent vacation, it's called Retirement.... Joe you will be able to experience this "permanent vacation" thing real soon.... what will it be when you go back after Carlisle, 5 days till retirement???

rob

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Yeah, I am on vacation too.  Permanent vacation, it's called Retirement.... Joe you will be able to experience this "permanent vacation" thing real soon.... what will it be when you go back after Carlisle, 5 days till retirement???

rob

Two night shifts on the 29th & 30th after this 2 week vacation. July 1st turn in the keys, should take about 10 minutes. Get paid for the whole day & off permanent, technically July 2nd.

I could develop a 'sickness' those last 2 nights, but I currently plan to show up. 🤧

• Like 2
  • Haha 1