COUNTDOWN TO FGMCC EASTERN MEET

3 hours ago, jft69z said:

Two night shifts on the 29th & 30th after this 2 week vacation. July 1st turn in the keys, should take about 10 minutes. Get paid for the whole day & off permanent, technically July 2nd.

I could develop a 'sickness' those last 2 nights, but I currently plan to show up. 🤧

So you did have to do more shopping. Lol. 

4 minutes ago, Dtret said:

So you did have to do more shopping. Lol. 

Whatever do you mean by that? 😁

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 11:35 AM, Michael Boyte said:

What !!  You are going to Knightdale NC ?

You know the Beach is just a short ride from there 🤔

Michael, I’ll be heading to Myrtle Beach July 16th for a week. If you’re around maybe we could meet up.

• Like 1

That would be fantastic !! 

We would really enjoy meeting you guys and if you have time, we can hangout on the dock with a few cold beverages .

It's always a good time at the beach ⛱️

Today, Saturday, is bringing us closer.  After today we will only be 3 days and a wake-up until almost 20 of us will be rolling into Carlisle to kick off the Eastern Meet.  

Rob

Quick question, I see there will be vendors there, I don't think I need anything but wandering if I see something I must have lol is paying cash only, checks, credit cards ? 

10 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Quick question, I see there will be vendors there, I don't think I need anything but wandering if I see something I must have lol is paying cash only, checks, credit cards ? 

Mark,

The tool, car cleaning products etc more than likely will accept cards.  I doubt any of them will accept a check.  The people selling used and NOS auto parts more than likely only cash.  Vendors like UMI suspension will take cards and  I think Lutty's Auto Parts, if they are there may take cards.

rob

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Mark,

The tool, car cleaning products etc more than likely will accept cards.  I doubt any of them will accept a check.  The people selling used and NOS auto parts more than likely only cash.  Vendors like UMI suspension will take cards and  I think Lutty's Auto Parts, if they are there may take cards.

rob

Thanks Rob, assumed as much but just wanted to verify. 

Mark, Rob is 100% correct, but if you do run out of cash i am sure you can go to Carlise services and i am sure they will be able to cash advance your card.

Well, we are almost there.  After today we only have one day and a wake up before we start arriving in Carlisle.  One day equals one index digit extended on one hand.  The excitement is building.

rob

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DragCat said:

They also have a bank right there on site for cash advances. They have atm on site too but they are expensive to draw from, think the few was like 7 dollars a few years back.

10 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Well, we are almost there.  After today we only have one day and a wake up before we start arriving in Carlisle.  One day equals one index digit extended on one hand.  The excitement is building.

rob

I do hope you noticed I was very specific in telling this group which single finger to extend.  Do I know this group, or what.

rob

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I do hope you noticed I was very specific in telling this group which single finger to extend.  Do I know this group, or what.

rob

You must have been speaking to Dennis, specifically 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, jft69z said:

You must have been speaking to Dennis, specifically 🤣

Do I have a sign on my back that says “ kick me”. I get blamed for everything. Of course I’m NOT saying you’re wrong. lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We are already on the road and have completed the first 600 miles of the trip. Currently we are snuggled in our hotel in Christiansburg, Va. 

See you tomorrow! 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, cbolt said:

We are already on the road and have completed the first 600 miles of the trip. Currently we are snuggled in our hotel in Christiansburg, Va. 

See you tomorrow! 

Wow Jim, you guys did very good.  If you guys are book people you may want to stop a little ways above you.  Just south of Harrisonburg VA is the Green Mountian Book Fair.  If you like books it is worth the stop.  Google it

Rob, we picked Christiansburg so we could meet with Ken and Shelia B. in the morning and ride up in caravan with them. Next time we will peek at the book fair. Thanks for the tip!