What do I have?

When I bought my Monte Carlo, I also received boxes of spare parts. I started going through them to try to figure out what I have, what I should keep, and what to throw away. If you all could help me identify what I have, I would appreciate very much. Thanks.

Pics to follow. 

Door locks. Square 71 roundish 70. Door lock actuators will have to run numbers but it looks like parts from a wagon so the lock actuators may be for front and rear doors which obviously didn’t apply to the Monte. Compressor brackets looks correct but hard for me to tell without compressor. Window switch, rear wagon window. Fender light monitors, it would be nice if you had all of that but it’s not for a 71. But might look good on my 70, if I do it. Lol. Hopefully this helps. I’m pretty sure the actuators with 3 mounting holes will work on the 71. 

• Like 3

I 'd guess early to mid 70's Cadillac…. Looks like some of the stuff on my 73 Cadillac Broughmn or my 76 Cadillac Calais...

Ed C

572971944_IMG_0136(1).thumb.jpg.55812aa0373327e5d52c8df24c7af0c1.jpg

Dennis, those light indicators would look perfect on your 70. They are just as pitted and corroded as your body shell. lol

Makes sense that the actuators are from a wagon, thats why I have 5 of them. Hopefully I have the correct door harnesses to add power locks to mine. 

2 minutes ago, 71SSclone said:

Dennis, those light indicators would look perfect on your 70. They are just as pitted and corroded as your body shell. lol

Makes sense that the actuators are from a wagon, thats why I have 5 of them. Hopefully I have the correct door harnesses to add power locks to mine. 

Find the harness that works with the actuators with 3 bolt holes and you should be good. Remember for 71 you need square lock switches. You’re going to see if you have holes in your doors to mount them or your going to have to drill. 

12F720A7-0267-46B6-B467-47FDF0B479A2.jpeg

• Like 1

A set of compressor brackets. Those are gold!

The fiber optics for the fender are hard to find also. Do you have the black one for the rear window also?

• Like 1

Unfortunately the fender light  monitor indicators are not correct for the Monte Carlo.  They are for a car which has quad headlamps and we all know the Monte only had two headlights.

On the 70 Monte the fender indicators only monitored the two head lights and the turn signal/parking lights so in the 70 Monte Carlo front fender lens only had two indicators, a green one for the headlights and a clear one that indicated in amber because of the amber bulb.

The one on the package tray I don't see in your pictures but it would have three indicators.  One for each tail light side and one for the license plate.

rob

• Like 3

Sounds like the indicator lights are going in the trash. Not correct for the Monte, and I dont have a rear indicator anywhere in my boxes of stuff. Plus, they are in horrible condition. 

6 minutes ago, 71SSclone said:

Sounds like the indicator lights are going in the trash. Not correct for the Monte, and I dont have a rear indicator anywhere in my boxes of stuff. Plus, they are in horrible condition. 

Don’t throw anything away.

31 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Don’t throw anything away.

I cant keep everything. Im in the middle of a major move to Fl from Pa. I have 23 years of accumulated "stuff" in this house that isn't coming down to the sunshine state. Some things are not going to make it. lol

45 minutes ago, 71SSclone said:

I cant keep everything. Im in the middle of a major move to Fl from Pa. I have 23 years of accumulated "stuff" in this house that isn't coming down to the sunshine state. Some things are not going to make it. lol

John, I am sure a Chevelle, Impala or someone like that may be interested in those indicators.  They are an item that people may really want.  Do you know anyone who has a Chevelle or Impala?  I hate to see something like that going into the trash.

rob

I wish they were correct for our Montes, Id take them as my 70 was originally equipped with them per her build sheet.  Hopefully I can source them before the cat Gary’s sent out

1 minute ago, Glen said:

I wish they were correct for our Montes, Id take them as my 70 was originally equipped with them per her build sheet.  Hopefully I can source them before the cat Gary’s sent out

Before the car gets sent out for* when I trie

You will never find the correct lenses for the Monte. The chrome bezel and the rubber in the bezel are correct. The three light is sold and does function with only two fiber optics cable. So don’t throw them away. Not many people would even notice if you put them on your Monte that the lenses are wrong. I just emptied a 40’ container loaded with Monte parts in Connecticut. I moved to Port St Lucie, Fl in 2019. Steve Demers from New Hampshire came and loaded up a lot of stuff. Where in Florida are you moving to? Are you bringing all your cars.

Carl Hanson

5BFC7977-B116-467A-A026-820F47AF3666.jpeg

D9CEF560-E1B4-48EC-986C-3EF1A0A09E64.jpeg

7 hours ago, Dtret said:

Too many adult beverages make the fingers work funny. 🤪

Yeah… I had bourbon-infused extremities at the time 🤣😂.  Mama wasn’t having my amorous attempts. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Yeah… I had bourbon-infused extremities at the time 🤣😂.  Mama wasn’t having my amorous attempts. 

It’s funny how they do that. Both. 

• Haha 1