Today’s project

Dtret

Hank supervised the repairs and got his treats…  I wasn't so lucky …. Permanent   repairs were made later with all new PVC and check valve...

IMG_2644.JPG.13e887081f9bb3cb1be643f4c2c38525.JPG

2 hours ago, EVC said:

Hank and I had to make emergency repairs at the well head… Well blew a PVC fitting while wife was in the shower…. NOT GOOD… !!!  After some quick electrical checks up the hill , We found the problem …...

IMG_2634.JPG

IMG_2629.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG

Bummer, I'm glad I don't have to deal with a well, my girlfriend does for now but not to much longer the county is in the process of coming down her street with the water line. Her well sucks but that's normal on her road that's how it got its name bankrupt road and that's what happened people were going bankrupt drilling wells.

• Like 2

My project today…

The 70 is in the trim shop for the new interior.  Which means the law of unintended consequences dictates the garage bar gets put into use. 

So the 71 goes across the alley where the Crown Vic usually resides while the garage got swept and hosed out and the bar and stools and electronics get their annual wipe off.

Mongo keeps a watchful eye on things once completed while Hagrid says “IDGAF”. 

B0530D8A-F7F0-4802-885F-2AEC8F21C45B.png

87333A92-32F6-496B-B316-5893C5B5BA2B.png

B0C43A49-0011-46C0-A221-78E06E546273.png

75DBDA67-9823-42B8-9635-2AF2576BE227.png

78B6523E-CF16-488C-9324-C7AD08B0093A.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Glen said:

Damn pix never come across in order, sorry. 

Nope they never do. That’s why I will double post if I want a certain order. Good thing you do what you do for a living. Could be a tough life in chi-town with a packers banner hanging there. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Nope they never do. That’s why I will double post if I want a certain order. Good thing you do what you do for a living. Could be a tough life in chi-town with a packers banner hanging there. Lol. 

I ain’t scared.

The Kegerator also wears a Green Bay magnet.  My NFL alliance is a long story for another time.  

Go Pack Go!!!

3 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Bummer, I'm glad I don't have to deal with a well, my girlfriend does for now but not to much longer the county is in the process of coming down her street with the water line. Her well sucks but that's normal on her road that's how it got its name bankrupt road and that's what happened people were going bankrupt drilling wells.

We've been fortunate with our well… It's been producing pure and clean water since 1977… I installed a new 3/4 horse pump in back 1985 and it's never been removed…  

Other than a couple of new pressure tanks it's still pumping strong… It's only 95' deep, but closer to the valley floor.  Some of our neighbors dug higher on the hill and have major problems with wells that are 600 to 700' deep and requiring much larger pumps.

Some of those wells came in at 40 to 100 GPM, but are now dry.. 

I actually grew up on spring water.  

We had a spring house that had 5 veins feeding it , then halfway up the hill was the pumphouse. Enough water to easily feed the demands of 2 households.    When we would loose power, we would carry water from the spring to the house 

22 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

I actually grew up on spring water.  

We had a spring house that had 5 veins feeding it , then halfway up the hill was the pumphouse. Enough water to easily feed the demands of 2 households.    When we would loose power, we would carry water from the spring to the house 

I grew up on well water. My family is from the swamps of southern Ga, northern Fla, and Alabama. I think we were considered wealthy (LOL),,, because we built our homes around our hand pumps.. Hence, we had indoor plumbing in the kitchen… If you look closely you can see the Clawfoot tub on the back porch.. It had it's own hand pump… 

Our original homestead still stands and is now a state park for all to enjoy… 

100_3720.jpeg.e1b9cd6bb4ca10cab46e2cbc98e65b60.jpeg

My grandpa had a wood lot and blueberry farm up in Maine with springs all through it the water was great and ice cold all year long. I always worried that some animals would pee in it my grandpa said don't worry about it I've been drinking it for years. The only indoor plumbing was a hand pump in the kitchen of the cabin. The state bought it all and put a highway through it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Glen said:

I ain’t scared.

The Kegerator also wears a Green Bay magnet.  My NFL alliance is a long story for another time.  

Go Pack Go!!!

I know you’re not scared. Lol. You da man. Doing what you do you’re a long way from being scared. 

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, cny first gen 71 said:

My grandpa had a wood lot and blueberry farm up in Maine with springs all through it the water was great and ice cold all year long. I always worried that some animals would pee in it my grandpa said don't worry about it I've been drinking it for years. The only indoor plumbing was a hand pump in the kitchen of the cabin. The state bought it all and put a highway through it.

That cabin is awesome. I would love to have something like that. I guess now it’s roadkill. Too bad. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

Very nice homestead indeed !!

My great aunt never had indoor plumbing. 

And naturally had a 2 seater outhouse 😂

I love the place.. 650 Acres and was totally self sufficient. Grew sugar cane and grapes.. Produced a lot of cane syrup… Some long stories for another venue.

Yes,, the two seater was mandatory and always had a Sears Roebuck catalog… Central heat meant you had two fireplaces that got so hot they would scorch your pants from 10 ft way..

The bedrooms were so cold that you slept with your dog under about 3 blankets and a couple of quilts… 

3 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

And naturally had a 2 seater outhouse 😂

Hopefully not an upper over a lower but rather a side by side

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

More than a days project. The 4600 ford gave up the ghost on me while field mowing this week. Lots of crankcase blow back and cylinders Misfiring.. it only has 3 to start with . Started tearing it down in 95 degree heat but in the shade at least. See what’s going on with it. Haven’t done much work on a diesel before. Probably head gasket between cylinders or cracked rings. This will take me several weeks. A little at a time. A tractor is a necessity here.. any input appreciated.. F53289B0-7242-47DE-8399-411A1E23F8AD.thumb.jpeg.ba93926bb0f028226105255a1e1945fe.jpeg6D10B166-9B9C-4774-AF71-9E7AF4C0165E.thumb.jpeg.45ca75d5adadf851d34ee19709f389a2.jpeg99C3D7E9-CE7F-4F26-BFCD-54ED1145532F.thumb.jpeg.87ea630f02e7e60af4a59cbf309f8c0f.jpeg004A5F88-3EE9-49BB-A612-C7F896E7D2E4.thumb.jpeg.d39b2c5efd305c3abc894cfd604552b9.jpeg 

• Sad 1

Ron ,

I'd start with the injectors and then the injector pump …. My old Cummins used to love doing this. I doubt it's cylinder failure… After looking at the different levels of engine cleaning, could you have possibly gotten water in your fuel ?  

Looking at those back cylinders and the discoloring may give you a clue on where to start. 

The head gasket could have blown and leaking water internally… If this happened it can be devastating if you start it with water in one of the cylinders.. My old Ford diesel pickup was famous for that. Never could keep head gaskets in the Ford… 

With only three cylinders, all it takes is for one to misfire and make you think the worse. If the problem started quickly after being used for awhile, I'd go for the injectors first. If it occurred on start up following a long period of sitting, I'd suspect the head gasket leaked slowly and possibly flooded a cylinder. 

I'd place my bet on injector rear cylinder. 

Ed 

That’s a possibility Ed, but I’m not sure a no fuel misfire due to injection would cause so much crankcase blowback. But I’ll certainly check them out . Thanks. Ron… 

• Like 1

That’s out of my realm of knowledge but if it  was mine, I’d be like “ Karen I’m going in , might wanna start looking for a new tractor”. Lol. Good luck. I hope you can fix it. Hopefully you can avoid resleeving it. One thing, at least it can be done in the tractor. 

• Like 1

On 5/14/2022 at 7:07 PM, Dtret said:

They are Phillips head screws. I can’t afford Trex or trex style. There’s way to much deck here for that. 35 bucks for an 8 ft trex board. But I think I’m going to start a little at a time with that. But I’m afraid about half way through they will discontinue what I started with. Lol. I have a ton of curves and I’ll have to figure out how to bend it. 

I have some of those screw extractors for striped Phillips head screws I wonder if they would work on your deck screws. I have used them and they work pretty good but not sure on old rusty svrews

5 minutes ago, Leghome said:

I have some of those screw extractors for striped Phillips head screws I wonder if they would work on your deck screws. I have used them and they work pretty good but not sure on old rusty svrews

Thanks but I got it done, well patched anyway. Karen said it looked great. Enough said ( momma’s happy). I just used a pry bar and ripped the boards off the screws and took the screws out with vise grips. Now if I have to do the whole deck that way it’s going to be a problem. I’m going to stain it for this year, and hopefully next year, and start picking up trex a little at a time. 

4 hours ago, Searsman said:

That’s a possibility Ed, but I’m not sure a no fuel misfire due to injection would cause so much crankcase blowback. But I’ll certainly check them out . Thanks. Ron… 

Ron 

I was thinking about that too.. If it's a head gasket funny things will happen when that compression starts to swap holes…  Got my fingers crossed for you and hoping it's simple. 

Ed

• 4 weeks later...

New issues. I was talking with Karen’s parents last week, her dad fell down the steps at their house and her mom can no longer get up the steps. We had a feeling it was coming but not this soon. I built the room above the garage with them in mind ( you guys have seen it, my parts storage room). I put a walk in tub/ shower with the assumption of them moving in here. So today Karen and I went to the other side of Kentucky to pick this up. Getting old sucks but we got their back, I guess. This photo is not our house  

2AF29E71-385E-473F-85EC-03F9DFBA84D2.png

• Like 4