Today’s project

Dtret

We, or should I say they, have to have all three sections ready for asphalt by next Wednesday. Once the weather turns the asphalt manufacturers shut down production of the stuff they do the final coat with. We can still get the base coat anytime. But if it gets delayed we may only get the first coat down and the final will have to be done in the spring. 

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Today we got the rest of my driveway dug out, leveled , fabric down and some of the big rock. Big fun. I’m paying to have this done but I think I’m helping too much. I wonder if I’ll get a discount?  Lol. 

876B900A-0DFB-4B12-A3EB-7973B4617EEA.jpeg

A6089F26-8C71-47D6-B216-683A05E4A781.jpeg

Check the contact for “Sweat Equity”. 

If there’s no such clause, cease all help and plant your [censored] in a lawn chair with a cooler of beers at the ready and direct the remainder of the job as a spectator (who just so happens to also be writing the check). 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Check the contact for “Sweat Equity”. 

If there’s no such clause, cease all help and plant your [censored] in a lawn chair with a cooler of beers at the ready and direct the remainder of the job as a spectator (who just so happens to also be writing the check). 

I can’t. I tried. I even helped the phone company on two separate occasions.  The neighbors fiber optic line ran under my section ( we knew about that one and called them ahead of time) and when we ( they) cut my phone line). I can’t sit and watch someone work on my stuff, that’s why I learned to do crap by myself. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I can’t. I tried. I even helped the phone company on two separate occasions.  The neighbors fiber optic line ran under my section ( we knew about that one and called them ahead of time) and when we ( they) cut my phone line). I can’t sit and watch someone work on my stuff, that’s why I learned to do crap by myself. 

I hear ya Dennis, one thing I just learned is skid steers don't have brakes. I learned that by asking NOT by accident 🤣 Ive also learned sometimes it cheaper to pay a professional 🤣

Didn't realize driveways were THAT expensive, I was planning on doing mine next year so Dennis save me some of those blank checks 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Dennis its looking great!!  I know you said it was alot of $$$$  But... I know they put asphalt over concrete, but couldn't they put new asphalt over what asphalt was there? I don't remember how bad your driveway was before. But i would think if your existing driveway has been down for years that would be a good base. Or am i wrong???

13 minutes ago, willie said:

Dennis its looking great!!  I know you said it was alot of $$$$  But... I know they put asphalt over concrete, but couldn't they put new asphalt over what asphalt was there? I don't remember how bad your driveway was before. But i would think if your existing driveway has been down for years that would be a good base. Or am i wrong???

No it was shot. Complete base failure. The previous owner was so cheap that he only had two inches of gravel under 1 1/2 inches of asphalt. They actually dug this down a total of 10 inches to get back to solid ground. 

• Like 2

So I am told ( lol) the first coat of asphalt goes down not this Wednesday but next. That’s funny. We won’t get the final coat until spring. I’m ok with that because I can run my big truck up and down to make sure that they have no failure spots, then it won’t cost us anything to fix it. So to add insult to injury our living room tv took a crap and yesterday our garage fridge died. When it rains it pours ( yesterday) but now it’s snowing 

235E1D8E-505C-401C-B47F-EEF368F82440.jpeg

C87911E9-26FF-43D2-9FAF-6852B7A783BB.jpeg

A94F0442-AC9B-43FA-AE77-36FC48C41E58.jpeg

0AB11C57-6402-4ACA-9AC3-32C1BB8B5398.jpeg

0BF907A6-CBB8-4707-AF9E-8C36CA1B2B00.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Dtret said:

So to add insult to injury our living room tv took a crap and yesterday our garage fridge died. When it rains it pours ( yesterday) but now it’s snowing 

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the continuous black cloud. Well, actually, sorry it's happening to you too. ☹️

51 minutes ago, jft69z said:

Glad to see I'm not the only one with the continuous black cloud. Well, actually, sorry it's happening to you too. ☹️

The gods are just getting a little payback. They like to test our resilience. 
OK ENOUGH ALREADY. lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

The gods are just getting a little payback. They like to test our resilience. 
OK ENOUGH ALREADY. lol. 

I agree, I've had more than enough of this test....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey guys we have all had this happen to us in different forms and at crazy times. As much as it sucks we get threw it. Learn from it, and move on!  Joe said it right 3 steps forward 1 step back, hell even 2 steps forward and 1 step back.  And Joe is also right, we all had more than our share of these tests. 

Someone alot smarter than me told me once, Don't stop punching till your dead!! I always looked forward to that time...

• Like 6

So the new garage fridge is installed and chilling ( and freezing) away. Ya marketplace. The neighbors got a new tv and happen to ask me if I knew anyone that wanted a good 65 in flat screen. I say heck ya. They delivered it to me ( the same neighbors that are paying 1/2 for the driveway). Works great too. I don’t know why they replaced it. It’s only 5 years old. Sometimes acting like a hoarder pays off, they always ask me if I want something before they pitch it. And yes sometimes I even pass. 

23147E77-F949-42EC-B541-26F0479D4A45.jpeg

• Like 6

Hey "Jed" why didn't you put the TV in the garage?  I just put one in mine, and it also was free from a coworker!! Mine is only a 60inch..     Congrats on your newly stolen merchandise!!!  lol

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, willie said:

Hey "Jed" why didn't you put the TV in the garage?  I just put one in mine, and it also was free from a coworker!! Mine is only a 60inch..     Congrats on your newly stolen merchandise!!!  lol

I really don’t want to watch tv in the garage (or basement) I’d rather listen to the radio. I get distracted to easily. If I ever get to build my shop it will have a lounge area though. You can bet on that. 

• Like 2

I can attest that having a TV in the shop can be distracting, but I still turn that on first as opposed to music nowadays.

Usually the only time I have music on now is if I'm painting, then I crank it up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

I can attest that having a TV in the shop can be distracting, but I still turn that on first as opposed to music nowadays.

Usually the only time I have music on now is if I'm painting, then I crank it up.

I listen to the oldies channel, most of the music today ain't so great (to put it nicely) no TV in the garage though. I only have one TV in my house and there's days it don't even get turned on. Have one for the camper I got 4 years ago and still haven't put it in lol.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Dtret said:

I really don’t want to watch tv in the garage (or basement) I’d rather listen to the radio. I get distracted to easily. If I ever get to build my shop it will have a lounge area though. You can bet on that. 

Yea I don't think you can be from the Clampet Clan if you have a TV in the garage, maybe out by the cement pond tho.

I do have music in mine, you know the saying, music calms the savage beast. Mostly a hodge podge of old receivers and laptops/ pc's. Us hoarders never throw anything out. 

Ive been offered 2 fridge's here in Fl, just no damn room 🙃

• Like 1

Pretty cool picture my neighbor sent me yesterday morning. The guy doing the work had five more loads brought in after this one. Three more today and asphalt should start going down on Friday. Hopefully. 

1868EE35-1040-4D4F-890D-FDC2117E6D56.jpeg

• Like 5