Today’s project

Dtret

18 hours ago, Michael Boyte said:

Who doesn't sleep within reach of a firearm 😂

I do not even own any kind of firearm and have never shot one. I do not care for guns but not bothered by anyone who does

• Like 2

I was a little surprised when I got home from work today. That’s the first coat. The finish coat doesn’t go on until spring because of the cold. I’m good with that. That way they will cover up some of the black marks that may happen to show up. You know what I mean Joe. Lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Looks great Dennis!!!     I also agree in what Mike said about sleigh riding, BUT then i remembered who was going to sleigh ride. I will need a pic of where the driveway ends first! Your luck is 3  100 year old oak trees at the end that you are SURE not to miss going down the hill at 60mph. lol

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, willie said:

Looks great Dennis!!!     I also agree in what Mike said about sleigh riding, BUT then i remembered who was going to sleigh ride. I will need a pic of where the driveway ends first! Your luck is 3  100 year old oak trees at the end that you are SURE not to miss going down the hill at 60mph. lol

I’d end up in the creek. But I did think about breaking out the rollerblades. It’s been about 20 years since they have seen feet, and that didn’t end so well for me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Dtret said:

I’d end up in the creek. But I did think about breaking out the rollerblades. It’s been about 20 years since they have seen feet, and that didn’t end so well for me. 

That doesn't sound like a good idea, especially given your history. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jft69z said:

That doesn't sound like a good idea, especially given your history. 

That just means I’m stupid enough to think about it before I do it. Age has taught me well. I just don’t listen. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dtret said:

I did think about breaking out the rollerblades. It’s been about 20 years since they have seen feet, and that didn’t end so well for me. 

Too funny regarding the rollerblades.....  I feel that way about my unicycle.  It had been a number of years since I had ridden it but this past summer I aired up the tire and hopped on.  I'm not nearly as agile on it as I was the last time I had ridden it at the Eastern Meet in Greensburg, PA but I could still ride it.  It is funny how aware you can be of possible injury as you get older.  I am sure at 72 the bones do not heal as easily as they once did but I bet they will break a lot easier. 

When I was younger I could put a set of car keys down on the ground and pick them up from the seat of my unicycle but now it is a challenge to to pick them up just from a standing position.

rob

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...

Well the final coat went on today. It’s about 4 inches wider and a lot less wavy. Ironically the first real nice weekend, no rain 75 and sunny, and we can’t drive on it until Sunday. No Monte rides. I guess I won’t be chasing parts anytime soon. Lol. Now I have fix fill in all the edges. I guess I’ll order 3 dump truck loads of topsoil in the not so distant future. 

IMG_5151.jpeg

IMG_5152.jpeg

IMG_5153.jpeg

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Thanks. Now I have to make it look like Joe’s. 

Lol, give it time to cure first.

Looks great though.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, willie said:

Looks great Dennis!!   There is plenty of room to park 50 Montes and trailers. You know for ice cream!!!!

Mini-meet???

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Looks good Dennis.  Usually I can get by with pressure washing ours, keeping me off my knees. I hate sanding.

rob

• Like 1