Today’s project

Dtret

24 minutes ago, Glen said:

But does your elevator go to the top floor?  

My personal elevator comes nowhere close to the top but it definitely starts at the bottom. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dennis i am sure you are not the first to have your closet on the wrong side. can't you set it up on the other wall?   What answers does the manufacturer have??  I also might have to do that. Not to worry guys i have no closet anywhere!!  lol

I just need to cut the track down about 36 inches so they can get to the bathroom too. The other side is a knee wall with a hallway on the other side. Can’t put it on that side because the chair will block the second floor hall and the main floor entrance to the stairs. I do have to move the hand rail to the other side though. Either way it’s going to be inconvenient but apparently a retirement home is not an option, trust me I’ve tried. Lol. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dtret said:

I have a special word for you Joe. Here’s your sign. Lol. 

Is this the sign you're referring to?

So, Dennis messages me one day, says he's at a swap meet, notices these signs & immediately thinks of me....

Long story short, he picks them up & brought them to Carlisle for me. If the shoe fits.... 🤷‍♂️

(The neighbor sign is supposed to go over my buddy Doug's car (and club member) for his winter parking spot in the new building.)

Still haven't found the time to hang them yet, but it will be in the near future.

20220710_231601-1.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, jft69z said:

Is this the sign you're referring to?

So, Dennis messages me one day, says he's at a swap meet, notices these signs & immediately thinks of me....

Long story short, he picks them up & brought them to Carlisle for me. If the shoe fits.... 🤷‍♂️

(The neighbor sign is supposed to go over my buddy Doug's car (and club member) for his winter parking spot in the new building.)

Still haven't found the time to hang them yet, but it will be in the near future.

20220710_231601-1.jpg

I think you have me confused with someone else. I have no recollection of that conversation nor do you have any proof that I was involved. It doesn’t matter what other people say they seen or heard. No proof. 🤪🤪. Only I seen the receipt. O crap I just screwed that up. Lol. 😆

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

I think you have me confused with someone else. I have no recollection of that conversation nor do you have any proof that I was involved. .

Sure about that? 😁:yay:

Screenshot_20220711-175935_Messages.thumb.jpg.649b1ee5482146b6fd8be5c08b81301a.jpg

Screenshot_20220711-180005_Messages.thumb.jpg.5a03173e4577c25a2099d9fc688984e7.jpg

You call that proof? That won’t hold up in court. Lol. You made that up. Sounds just like me though. 🤪. I can’t believe you have that from a year ago. Crap I did it again. Lol I delete all the self incriminating stuff, so it doesn’t leave me with much. 

• Haha 1

I keep nearly everything...it has served me well in the past (and present, apparently, :yay:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I got my stair chair installed today. I had to add an outlet to the wall for the charger. All I have left it to remove the handrail and flip it to the other side, have to shorten it about a foot though. If I had to use this thing I’d wet my pants waiting. So slow. lol 

We had one installed in my father in law's house before he passed.  Like you, I had to install a new plug into the wall at the bottom of his steps near the bottom of the chair rail....... You are right, If you are relying on the lift to get you upstairs or down stairs in time to make it to the bathroom you may be out of luck.

rob

On 7/11/2022 at 7:34 PM, jft69z said:

I keep nearly everything...it has served me well in the past (and present, apparently, :yay:)

Note to self:  don’t ever rob a bank with Joe. 

On 7/11/2022 at 7:18 PM, Dtret said:

You call that proof? That won’t hold up in court. Lol. You made that up. Sounds just like me though. 🤪. I can’t believe you have that from a year ago. Crap I did it again. Lol I delete all the self incriminating stuff, so it doesn’t leave me with much. 

Second note to self:  don’t ever rob a bank with Dennis, either. 

4 hours ago, Glen said:

Note to self:  don’t ever rob a bank with Joe

No worries there, I'd have your back...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Started the driveway today. This is just my section. The neighbors section is just as long. About 1/4 mile total. Ugh. First pulling the old asphalt, then digging out 10 inches, fabric, rock then gravel. Then repaving. I might have to sell a car to pay for this. Should be done in two weeks. The guy was doing it by himself. I called a buddy of mine who used to run equipment for the city ( retired) and the guy put him to work. Lol. Cash money for him. I helped after work and didn’t get squat. 

267405EF-C80C-44C7-8973-40AEB682F606.jpeg

D8A1575C-6210-4F77-80D5-4DFE04C8F849.jpeg

0261CA42-5D4F-4436-914F-CB819E8DFE76.jpeg

D6FC99F6-841F-404F-BC0A-FEC14E5537AD.jpeg

BCECC59B-565C-409E-A70D-90B5E7746C57.jpeg

B0180C1C-325F-468A-B8B5-5B53A994754B.jpeg

C33EC45F-4BE3-4D6E-BAA9-2A1857C003C6.jpeg

• Like 6

Wow that's impressive, my brother in law ownes a paving company and and we talk about some of his jobs that looks expensive for sure. My neighbor just spent $2500.00 to get his driveway top coated. Good luck with that project.  And yes Willie is right a whole lot of Montes could fit!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Wow that's impressive, my brother in law ownes a paving company and and we talk about some of his jobs that looks expensive for sure. My neighbor just spent $2500.00 to get his driveway top coated. Good luck with that project.  And yes Willie is right a whole lot of Montes could fit!

Between the neighbor and myself it’s 75,000. Ouch. The “ pos70” is on hold for now. Lol. 

• Like 1

Today we got the rest of my driveway dug out, leveled , fabric down and some of the big rock. Big fun. I’m paying to have this done but I think I’m helping too much. I wonder if I’ll get a discount?  Lol. 

876B900A-0DFB-4B12-A3EB-7973B4617EEA.jpeg

A6089F26-8C71-47D6-B216-683A05E4A781.jpeg

• Like 3