Core Support

Dtret

Can you guys tell from these pictures what year Monte this is off of. Guy says big block Monte w/ a/c. Thinking about it for the pos 70 only cuz it cheap enough. I can still sell it if I don’t fix the car. Thanks 

49FBCBFC-DD11-45C1-A24B-C95C9D397429.png

45F89A6C-2596-4AD5-9646-EE5DDAF2ACB1.png

A8E71339-FBE7-4D62-917A-54E2AFE6589B.png

Looks to be a 70. Large radiator opening, 4 bolt top plate. Big block or small block, they are the same. Except for the non hd cooling,small radiator,  3 bolt top plate core support. 

Thanks Tom. 70 was what I was looking for. I was worried about the headlight holes. I know 71/72 are different. But I’ve never seen them side by side to compare I don’t know if it’s a glaring difference or just slight. 

You're welcome Dennis.  Just a slight difference. The headlight bucket holes are closer to the outside of the support on a 71 and the 72 being just like the 71 but with 2 holes between the radiator opening and the headlight bucket holes for the grille's turn signal bulb sockets. 

It is an HD cooling support. If you look at the bottom where the driver's side radiator tank sits it has the extra tab welded on for the larger tanks. The top plate would also have the extra tab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 714024SPEED said:

It is an HD cooling support. If you look at the bottom where the driver's side radiator tank sits it has the extra tab welded on for the larger tanks. The top plate would also have the extra tab.

Nice catch Kevin. For you Chevelle guys it would be the equivalent to an LS6 radiator support. 

• Like 1