tire size

tire size

just purchased a 1972 monte carlo was told by inspection 2 tires have dry rot from sitting the front are 215/65/15 rear are 255/60/15 is that normal and can i just put the same size on all 4 tires?

11 hours ago, tire size said:

just purchased a 1972 monte carlo was told by inspection 2 tires have dry rot from sitting the front are 215/65/15 rear are 255/60/15 is that normal and can i just put the same size on all 4 tires?

I'm running 215/70/15's on all rims  … Mostly because it's easier to get in a white wall… 

Ed C

15 minutes ago, tire size said:

THANK YOU!

hope that helps… A lot of us use different sized tires for many different reasons… Having different tires on the front and rear is common,, but not stock.. A lot depends on what you're using the car for and the look you want... The stock size replacement, I believe is now considered to be 225/70/15…  I personally like the 215/70's and they are available on Amazon for about $100 each in the old school Tiger Paw brand… They are also available at Sams Club, installed for $97.  Good luck … Send pics of your car and info if you want… Good luck…  

Ed C. 

IMG_2530 2.jpeg

Bruce, 

BTW… Congrats on the Monte… See you're from Sarasota… I was born and raised in northern Florida. Welcomer to the club… I think  you'll find a lot of help here from some very experienced owners… 

Ed C

She looks beautiful Bruce!!!   Am i seeing doubles.   Nope.   You have chrome mirrors..   I have a single sport.              Gorgeous!!!

11 hours ago, willie said:

She looks beautiful Bruce!!!   Am i seeing doubles.   Nope.   You have chrome mirrors..   I have a single sport.              Gorgeous!!!

I thought you took care of that single mirror?

Tom when i had the car painted, he told me it would take about a gallon of paint. I (who knows absolutely nothing about body or paint) told him ok get 2 gallons to make sure. This way God forbid anything happened i would have the paint. Needless to say he ordered 1 gallon, ran out and ordered another quart. Used it all except about covering of the bottom of the can (probably dried up by now).

Dennis with this past experience, i am not 100% that they can. But i learned a lesson, go with my gut and make sure he orders double of what he says he needs.

Tkx guys

• Like 1