Splatter trunk paint??

D N Monte

Hi everyone, wondering what color splatter paint?  When I look on The Parts Place or Ground UP etc, there is Black/Aqua, Grey/White, Black/Grey

When I ordered my tire cover and trunk matt it was Black/Aqua...so just wasn't sure what the original color would have been.  

Also, has anyone painted the splatter or Por15?  Does it stick ok?

Thanks, David

My brother and I have been debating this topic for over a year. That’s why my 71 has not been done yet. If you look at Van Nuys cars the mix is not the same as other plants. It’s a lot less defined and has smaller white “ flakes “. My brother has 4 Monte’s (70-72) and 2 chevelle’s ( 69/70) and I have 2 Monte’s and my chevelle and none of them look exactly the same. We have come to the conclusion that the canned product looks good but don’t look correct. 

• Like 1

I went with the white/gray splatter on my 72 because I did not like the colors of the others. I think I went thru 5 cans of splatter maybe 6 and at least 4 cans of clear and 9 years latter still looks good. I did buy a piece of carpet and had it cut and sewn to fit my trunk the way I wanted it.  There is not many original parts as my car was assembled of parts and pieces of a few cars. When I got it it had a 70 gauge cluster, 700r4, 290 horse 350 installed in 07 plus other odds and ends on it

• Like 1

I used duplicolor grey/white on the 71. Very pleased with it. I might add, local parts places in this area have discontinued stocking trunk paint. I had to order it so I purchased 6 cans .. A4186092-33C8-4487-9FD3-CCCFF08D3CEF.thumb.jpeg.c10fbee1257c1d138d1a7b6886790ea9.jpeg

• 4 months later...

On the topic of spatter paints, does anyone know if this is the correct color for a 70? The picture with the black paint on top is from the inside of my car's rear quarter panel. Would this qualify as gray/black? In my opinion it looks more blue. I am trying to color match for the purposes of touching up a few areas in the trunk. Thanks. 

IMG_5238.jpeg

IMG_5237.jpeg