Wanted air leveling valve with rod assembly

About two weeks ago I won an eBay auction for a valve and two shock protectors. I was hoping it came with the rod. Nope only part of it. Lol. Still 65 bucks well spent. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 1970mcss said:

I thought that Dan (overdrive) that makes the air compressor brackets and shock guards also made the rods. Give him a try.

Ditto

rob

1 hour ago, Rob Peters said:

Ditto

rob

The last I spoke with him a year ago or so he told me that he was having trouble sourcing the parts. I messaged him the other day and haven't heard back. I guess I could try giving him a call. 

I have one nos air line fitting, some air line frame clips, one used pump diaphragm in awesome shape. 
other mis parts. DM me if interested. Thanks bob lastss@hotmail.com

9 hours ago, lastss said:

I have one nos air line fitting, some air line frame clips, one used pump diaphragm in awesome shape. 
other mis parts. DM me if interested. Thanks bob lastss@hotmail.com

Bob,

Do you have any of these bolts and rubber spacers for mounting the compressor to the bracket?

Thanks,

Sammy

69A1947E-A4F2-4CED-9B58-EB53ED2494DD.jpeg

There’s a post in here somewhere that has the size of the rubber mounts I used. Works very nice and looks right. They came from “ the rubber feet warehouse “ on eBay. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sbarnette said:

Bob,

Do you have any of these bolts and rubber spacers for mounting the compressor to the bracket?

Thanks,

Sammy

69A1947E-A4F2-4CED-9B58-EB53ED2494DD.jpeg

You can also get those threaded sleeves from a hardware store (I forgot what they're called).   

The long, hex shaped nuts are called coupling nuts.  The company I was getting the ball swivels from had shutdown when Covid hit, but I got more from them recently. 

When I restored our SS, I used new coil springs.  Once the car was completely together again, the original ball swivel linkage was 1" too short.  The back of the car must have been slightly higher than original, and with the original linkage connected, the valve was held in the exhaust position.  The shock absorbers need a minimum of 25 psi, so I removed the linkage and operated the valve by hand, with the car sitting on all 4 tires, and put just a little air in the shocks.  The bumper probably raised maybe an inch.  I then measured and made a 4" linkage to replace the original 3" linkage. 

Since springs vary, anyone that's wanting to connect the valve to the linkage should do the same as I did and find out what length you need for the linkage. 

Keep in mind that the actuating arm on the valve has a slot for adjustment, but it's not alot of adjustment.  Try it to see if your original linkage will work.

Dan

• Like 3