Radiator Fitment

monte70z20

Looking to put a Champion  4-core radiator in my 70 Monte.  Anybody have experience with these rads?  I can't seem to find any bad feedback about them.  Any issues with the fit that I should be aware of?  It is made for the 70 Monte but I don't want to get it home to find out I need to cut and weld to make it fit correctly.  Any guidance always appreciated.  Here is the link for the Rad I'm looking at:

https://www.championradiators.com/product/MC161

If there is a better choice for roughly the same cost, feel free to suggest.

i cannot speak for your exact application, but I have a Champion 4 core radiator in my car and love it. I did have a leak issue after about 6 years of reliable service but the radiators are lifetime warrantee and the company was quick to replace it when it started leaking (from the drain petcock) 

I want to say they are a bit thicker than the original radiator but it really was an easy install on my sbc '72.

• Like 2

it did okay. I have had it in so long I don't recall any real issues and I would remember if it was a pain to install. I can run out and take a pic if you would like to see. I do have one of those show plates installed so it is difficult to get a complete pic of the whole top of the radiator but you will be able to see the sides where the rubber and radiator meet. 

5 hours ago, cbolt said:

I have been trying to upload a pic but i keep getting error code -200? 

Sorry

Picture may be too large. Either crop it, or try using a lower resolution setting on the camera. Worst case, email it to me and I'll play with it a bit, or email it directly to John.