Sport Mirror With New LED Signal Lights

MC-71

Can you guys view these pictures. I’m having trouble with the signal working behind the convex mirror that is the right side. I know the glass is concave but not much light comes through. Had these Dorman replacement mirrors trimmed out at a friends glass shop years ago. I’m wondering if I can sand just where the arrow sits. I hate to be wrong because this glass has “objects in mirror are closer than they appear”

4AD80E2C-CDCC-40A9-9D03-3D4AFC46A653.jpeg

523A9BC2-267D-4FF0-829B-6EA748F848F8.jpeg

DE76F966-4116-4902-BC91-DD52B1BC6DBE.jpeg

Have you tried them it the housing ??

A dark background will probably give them better contrast. 

Much like the newer "emergency exit" signs, led lights show up better when in a dark background.

Good thought. I will try that. Picture number 2 is the flat glass and goes on the drivers side. That works fine. 

Is it possible to get the right side as a standard mirror ??? 

You're probably right that the shape and thickness has an effect. 

Don't know that I would sand it, might damage the reflective surface and make it useless.... :(

That’s why I didn’t go any further. Years ago I thought it would of been cool to have a convex mirror with the writing on it. That mirror came out a few years after our Monte’s. I have on order a 4 1/2” stick on signal lights that I can stick on the bottom of the sport mirror.