exhaust manifold air cleaner heat riser tube

rsorg

It depends on the engine size.  My 70 350 2brl is a metal black tube painted in semi-gloss same as the air cleaner.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

Yes I believe the small block and big block are different 

Yes they are.  I think the Big Block is a flexible type tube and the Small Block is a metal tube

rob

• Like 1

yes i have a 454 factory big block, and it is black paper type .and i would like to replace it with a new correct style one ,does any one know where i can get one thanks, roger

mark ,is your car a 70 or 71 my 72 does not have any stickers on the air cleaner ,i think that was for insurance reasons back then,roger

9 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

Yes they are.  I think the Big Block is a flexible type tube and the Small Block is a metal tube

rob

Sounds right from what I’ve seen and read regarding the big blocks having the flexible tubing.

What I recently learned is that our Montes use just a clamp to hold the tubing on the snorkel, whereas Chevelles have a 90 degree plastic elbow between the tubing and snorkel…

3663F554-152D-4A77-93BF-C9A13D0CABA6.png

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rsorg said:

mark ,is your car a 70 or 71 my 72 does not have any stickers on the air cleaner ,i think that was for insurance reasons back then,roger

Mine's a 70, and I think the decal is wrong (its reproduction) Back when the PO did the car some "correct" items weren't available aftermarket ( like the clear turn signal bumper lenses) . 

13 hours ago, rsorg said:

yes i have a 454 factory big block, and it is black paper type .and i would like to replace it with a new correct style one ,does any one know where i can get one thanks, roger

I did a quick search at TPP and didn't see it listed, although I don't know the correct part name in the bowtie world. For my blue oval car its called "SNORKEL - AIR CLEANER - PRE-HEATER HOSE "

11 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

I believe it's called a "heat riser tube".... Small blocks are bent pipe, big blocks use dryer vent piping. 

OPGI has the small block one.... Metal tube. 

18 hours ago, DragCat said:

Mine's a 70, and I think the decal is wrong (its reproduction) Back when the PO did the car some "correct" items weren't available aftermarket ( like the clear turn signal bumper lenses) . 

Yes it is wrong. The PO stole 10 ponies from you 🤣😂. If you decide to order the correct “Turbo Jet 360 HP” decal,  get it from somewhere other than OPGI.

When I purchased the correct air cleaner for my 70, decals weren’t included so I added both to an order from OPGI. Put them on and didn’t notice until a short time later that the gold border that is also supposed to separate the “Turbo Jet” and “360” is missing.  

Didn’t matter anyway… The air cleaner wouldn’t fit with the aftermarket carb that is on the car presently. So that air cleaner will be salted away until the car is returned to her former/original glory at some point after I retire. 

8B220999-A0B9-44CF-9CD1-1D688F144A45.png

5 hours ago, Glen said:

Yes it is wrong. The PO stole 10 ponies from you 🤣😂. If you decide to order the correct “Turbo Jet 360 HP” decal,  get it from somewhere other than OPGI.

When I purchased the correct air cleaner for my 70, decals weren’t included so I added both to an order from OPGI. Put them on and didn’t notice until a short time later that the gold border that is also supposed to separate the “Turbo Jet” and “360” is missing.  

Didn’t matter anyway… The air cleaner wouldn’t fit with the aftermarket carb that is on the car presently. So that air cleaner will be salted away until the car is returned to her former/original glory at some point after I retire. 

Yea mines sitting in a box somewhere on a shelf. Like you wouldn't fit the carb after the engine swap. Luckily the PO had swapped out the ole el camino front bumper turn signals when OPGI/Someone had the correct lenses. 

• 7 months later...