Early Weather Forecast For Eastern Meet

I don't give a lot of trust into weather forecasts this far out so don't trust what I am about to post.  If this forecast is accurate, you better plan to bring a light jacket for the evening bench racing.

It is showing very little chance of rain but again, I don't trust a forecast this far out, but we can hope it holds true:  

rob

Carlisle, PA Expanded 15-Day Forecast.pdf

• Like 2

I certainly hope that you guys have a beautiful sunny weekend . However worst case scenario, even a rainy day in Carlisle with the First Gen family is a lot of fun.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Michael Boyte said:

I certainly hope that you guys have a beautiful sunny weekend . However worst case scenario, even a rainy day in Carlisle with the First Gen family is a lot of fun.

Michael,

You are quite right.  I do remember an Eastern Meet a few years back that the entire day on Saturday was a total washout.  Everyone chilled at the hotel and had a great time.  many said it was the best meet in ages because they got to really get to know the other members because at the show field it seems as soon as everyone arrives they scatter in many different directions so you really don't get to know them very well.

rob

• Like 2

I remember that year we were camping in the tent the water started coming in at around 8am we were able to grab a room and spend the day at the hotel, it was a good time. It wasn't long after that we bought our camper 😅

• Like 1

It rained some in Bristol last year but wasn’t a washout by no means. I’m hopeful it doesn’t rain while in transit to and from the meet mostly...

5 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

I don't give a lot of trust into weather forecasts this far out so don't trust what I am about to post.  If this forecast is accurate, you better plan to bring a light jacket for the evening bench racing.

It is showing very little chance of rain but again, I don't trust a forecast this far out, but we can hope it holds true:  

rob

Carlisle, PA Expanded 15-Day Forecast.pdf 745.32 kB · 4 downloads

I never believe what the forcasters say because arpund here they are wrong  about 60% of the time

We were supposed to have a beautiful weekend according to the weathers guessers on Thrus and yesterday, I t just finished raining so hard I could barely see the house across the road. I was lucky and got the fenced yard unfenced today and yesterday before it started.  It is going to make the mowing so much faster and easier. We had our 19 yr old dog put to sleep this past Monday as she alzhimers and was gettin worse daily, I let her outside Monday morning and sje could npt find the dor to get back in. I really DO NOT miss her because of the messes she made.

IMG_0808.JPG

IMG_0798.JPG

5D1BD660-BFDA-4247-871A-E9A964469670.thumb.png.a1eab68e210f3d4990bed181990777b5.pnggoing to grill some burgers 🍔 this evening. Don’t have charcoal but don’t need any in this heat. Please let it be cooler 😎 next week in Carlisle than it is here !!!. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Searsman said:

5D1BD660-BFDA-4247-871A-E9A964469670.thumb.png.a1eab68e210f3d4990bed181990777b5.pnggoing to grill some burgers 🍔 this evening. Don’t have charcoal but don’t need any in this heat. Please let it be cooler 😎 next week in Carlisle than it is here !!!. 

Agreed 

• Like 2

As I said up front, I don't put much trust in extended forecasts.  The forecast has completely changed and the HEAT will be on with highs in the 90's and low in the 70's.  I don't think you will need those jackets but maybe take them anyway, you never know.  

Be sure to bring plenty of sun-screen. 

Bring light colored shirts. 

You may want to bring an umbrella to shield you from the sun. 

The hotel does have a swimming pool so you may want to bring a bathing suit, to jump in and cool off when returning to the hotel from the show field.  I for one will for sure be bringing my RED SPEEDO.

For those who have never attended an Eastern Meet in Carlisle, they do allow pop-up canopies if you want to bring one, just make sure you have a way to secure it to the ground and you would need to remove the upper cover in the evenings when we are not there.

The club will have a free showfield canopy, (hopefully a large free canopy} supplied by Carlisle Events and the club will keep a supply of ice cold bottled water inside the club canopy for all members to enjoy and stay hydrated.  

rob

I had a member ask a question and I want to address that here now.  He asked if we offered speedo bathing suits with the club logo on it.

The answer is NO.

rob

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Rob, two obvious questions come to mind...

1) Can we?

2) Why not? 

I doubt the logo would be too large to fit on the speedo so........... 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, cbolt said:

Rob, two obvious questions come to mind...

1) Can we?

2) Why not? 

I doubt the logo would be too large to fit on the speedo so........... 

nobody wants to see that. I think it should be put on the banned list. 

35 minutes ago, Dtret said:

nobody wants to see that. I think it should be put on the banned list. 

Lol, great idea Dennis, put speedo in the same class as [censored], [censored] and [censored] !

1 hour ago, jft69z said:

Lol, great idea Dennis, put speedo in the same class as [censored], [censored] and [censored] !

Whatever you said I agree totally. Whomever wears one should be banished from the club for a minimum of two years and still be required to pay the dues as a reminder of their stupidity. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Whatever you said I agree totally. Whomever wears one should be banished from the club for a minimum of two years and still be required to pay the dues as a reminder of their stupidity. 

I guess my days are numbered here then.  

rob

• Haha 1

I got the speedo with the stripes. They really make the club logo pop I have to say! 

Not to worry Rob, once folks see how great they look on us at the hotel pool they will be flying off the club merchandise shelves! All these guys who said they would never get one will be buying them up just to look at themselves in the mirror, just like I do! Trust me guys, the club logo looks like its coming right at ya! 

• Haha 1