First Extended Drive In The ‘71

Actually had a few free hours last night and the weather was perfect.  Was able to put about 40 miles on her and grabbed some pix before the sun went down. 

FF712410-DD2D-4145-AB82-298AD3C96530.png

D45F4749-2533-40EF-BA65-55797BABB4A1.png

73AE78B7-1D68-43C6-8B55-05F2AC82E007.png

FBFB5747-E2A8-48F5-B373-3371B9D204B1.jpeg

C8834AC6-AFFB-4A3F-B6EE-FCD78CE10401.png

• Like 12

3 hours ago, Dtret said:

Sweet looking car, you ought be proud. 

Thanks, but none of it was my doing except writing the check 😂🤣. But you can bet your [censored] that I will do my best to maintain it correctly. Speaking of which, pulled the carburetor off today to have my guy rebuild it… which is why I made sure to get a nice ride in yesterday. She ran great once warmed up, can’t wait to see what proper carburetion does…

7 hours ago, willie said:

Glenn she is beautiful, i love the pics!!

Thank you Willie!  What I lack in mechanical skills I make up for with camera skills 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

Thanks, but none of it was my doing except writing the check 😂🤣. But you can bet your [censored] that I will do my best to maintain it correctly. Speaking of which, pulled the carburetor off today to have my guy rebuild it… which is why I made sure to get a nice ride in yesterday. She ran great once warmed up, can’t wait to see what proper carburetion does…

Who’s your guy? Can he make a rebuilt 71 quad actually work? My guy can’t. Let me know if your guy needs to become my guy. I would actually like to put the correct carb on my 71 SS. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Glen said:

Actually had a few free hours last night and the weather was perfect.  Was able to put about 40 miles on her and grabbed some pix before the sun went down. 

FF712410-DD2D-4145-AB82-298AD3C96530.png

D45F4749-2533-40EF-BA65-55797BABB4A1.png

73AE78B7-1D68-43C6-8B55-05F2AC82E007.png

FBFB5747-E2A8-48F5-B373-3371B9D204B1.jpeg

C8834AC6-AFFB-4A3F-B6EE-FCD78CE10401.png

She’s beautiful! I’m glad someone in this group ended up with her. Good for you Glen!

51 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Who’s your guy? Can he make a rebuilt 71 quad actually work? My guy can’t. Let me know if your guy needs to become my guy. I would actually like to put the correct carb on my 71 SS. 

I’m sure hoping so seeing that he also used to own a ‘71 SS.

Pulling it off today he was kinda scratching his head as to why there was a metal gasket directly under the carb and THEN a regular gasket on top of a heat shield (and then another gasket between the shield and manifold). 

Earlier, he also determined that the secondaries were dumping fuel when they shouldn’t be. Won’t lie… After she warmed up yesterday she ran pretty damn nice. So if she runs good with a carb that needs work, I can’t wait to see how she runs with proper carburetion. I’ll definitely keep you posted how she runs once it’s all back together.

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice car! I like you invested cash and minimum elbow grease. I figure my job is to take it out to as many shows as I can and let the public enjoy it

IMG_3225.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice car! I like you invested cash and minimum elbow grease. I figure my job is to take it out to as many shows as I can and let the public enjoy it

Yes sir, Kevin, thank you and likewise.  I won’t even pretend I know what I’m doing mechanically past the bare bones basics.  I’d rather spend money and pay someone who knows what they’re doing, than probably spend the same amount of money messing things up two or three times before I got them right.  

8 hours ago, Glen said:

I’d rather spend money and pay someone who knows what they’re doing, than probably spend the same amount of money messing things up two or three times before I got them right.  

With that kind of thinking, you'll never be in the running for the knucklehead award 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 hours ago, DragCat said:

With that kind of thinking, you'll never be in the running for the knucklehead award 

Oh, I’m sure I’ll place a close second to Dennis if left to my own devices. I often times do my best thinkin’ while drinkin’ 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Glen said:

Oh, I’m sure I’ll place a close second to Dennis if left to my own devices. I often times do my best thinkin’ while drinkin’ 😉

Well at least you can use drinkin as an excuse. I can only imagine the awards I’d win if I added that to the equation. I have learned, the hard way, if I start drinking all forms of productive work stops immediately. Too many issues. Lol. 

• Like 1

LOL   I dont drink and still do my own Dennis stuff!!  Maybe i should make my own trophy!!!  

NAAAA i think Dennis should have that pedestal all to himself!!!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, willie said:

LOL   I dont drink and still do my own Dennis stuff!!  Maybe i should make my own trophy!!!  

NAAAA i think Dennis should have that pedestal all to himself!!!

Thing is everyone does stupid stuff, good enough to win the trophy. I’m just dumb enough to post it. lol 😂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Thing is everyone does stupid stuff, good enough to win the trophy. I’m just dumb enough to post it. lol 😂 

I try to post "most" of my blunders along the way, maybe someone can learn from my trips and falls 🙃With this crowd ya gotta know its gonna live on indefinitely 🤣

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DragCat said:

I try to post "most" of my blunders along the way, maybe someone can learn from my trips and falls 🙃With this crowd ya gotta know its gonna live on indefinitely 🤣

"Smart sharks travel alone"....😆

• Like 1

10 hours ago, jft69z said:

"Smart sharks travel alone"....😆

Point taken......That being said, a rumor was floated at Carlisle there may be a Bristol meet next year. If thats true, and it includes the drag strip, you and Doug have been volunteered to be my pit crew. This is non non-negotionable 🤣

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Point taken......That being said, a rumor was floated at Carlisle there may be a Bristol meet next year. If that's true, and it includes the drag strip, you and Doug have been volunteered to be my pit crew. This is non-negotiable 🤣

We'd be more than happy to do that with you Mark! Better than being a ball washer 😁.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3