Are you ready?

Day a half before I “we” leave for Carlisle, at 3 AM.. hope to be out of the bluegrass state by 530-6 AM. Wednesday. About daybreak.. heading to Charleston WVA. Then north. Trying to beat the Heat... 

Bags packed, trailer bearings repacked, 71 strapped down,chairs loaded, a few tools, truck tank  full of liquid gold , went to bank got 20$  more for gas ️ if I need it :).. hey I’m still living in 1970. 😀 . Truck oil changed, Monte oil changed, pups go to kennel tomorrow.  Event sticker on, letter in glove box, exact amount cash for club and pizza 🍕 dinners Everything checked and double checked ...  AND NO SPEEDO!!! See ya there 👋🏻 Ron ...

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Searsman said:

Day a half before I “we” leave for Carlisle, at 3 AM.. hope to be out of the bluegrass state by 530-6 AM. Wednesday. About daybreak.. heading to Charleston WVA. Then north. Trying to beat the Heat... 

Bags packed, trailer bearings repacked, 71 strapped down,chairs loaded, a few tools, truck tank  full of liquid gold , went to bank got 20$  more for gas ️ if I need it :).. hey I’m still living in 1970. 😀 . Truck oil changed, Monte oil changed, pups go to kennel tomorrow.  Event sticker on, letter in glove box, exact amount cash for club and pizza 🍕 dinners Everything checked and double checked ...  AND NO SPEEDO!!! See ya there 👋🏻 Ron ...

Drive safely Ron ,,,,,   double check those tie downs 20 miles out… … Ed 

• Like 1

Yes everyone double check everything, and be safe. See you there. I/we are leaving at @4am Thurs.

But i know i will forget something!!  lol

• Like 1

Second that- check tie downs. When moving my car to Florida, the tie down became loose and the car moved against the wheel well in my enclosed trailer. First time towing with my enclosed trailer, so... lesson learned. Only nicked the wheel a little bit, and no body damage was done. I'll know better next time.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, EVC said:

Drive safely Ron ,,,,,   double check those tie downs 20 miles out… … Ed 

Will do 👍🏻

Trailer work today. Had to replace breakaway box, critters ate the wiring, fixed all the critter eaten lights. Took the grinder to all the loose paint, it sits outside all the time,  gave it a gloss black rattle can shine. Some of it anyway. Check tires, bearings and loaded up three extra trailer tires plus the spare and an extra pickup tire plus the spare. Floor jack, toolbox and battery for the winch. But now Ron has me thinking, am I leaving Wednesday morning or Thursday morning. Hmmm. Gotta go look. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, cny first gen 71 said:

For everyone leaving in the next day or two please have a safe trip and have a great time. I'm still crushed I'm not able to make it this year. 

Thanks Steve, we're not happy you won't be there either.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Dtret said:

Trailer work today. Had to replace breakaway box, critters ate the wiring, fixed all the critter eaten lights. Took the grinder to all the loose paint, it sits outside all the time,  gave it a gloss black rattle can shine. Some of it anyway. Check tires, bearings and loaded up three extra trailer tires plus the spare and an extra pickup tire plus the spare. Floor jack, toolbox and battery for the winch. But now Ron has me thinking, am I leaving Wednesday morning or Thursday morning. Hmmm. Gotta go look. 

Seems like ya got it covered, I carry a spare trailer wheel bearing kit with me. I didn't see that on your parts list 🤣

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Seems like ya got it covered, I carry a spare trailer wheel bearing kit with me. I didn't see that on your parts list 🤣

Good idea, better safe  than sorry... 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragCat said:

I do the same, two sets plus a bunch of tools, wheel bearing grease, rubber gloves, etc to install them.

• Like 1

Due to how hot it is supposed to be tomorrow we are getting up earlier than originally planned.  We were going to leave around 8 and shoot for around 11:00 arrival but now we are going to leave here at as close to 6:00AM.  

We may drop our stuff at the hotel when we arrive and then head for Walmart to buy 2 or 3 cases of water to have in the club canopy for our club members and their families and guests.

Our grandkids are coming over this afternoon and will sleep here tonight and Emily, Ryan and I will head out tomorrow morning.  Patsy is not going to make it because she has a couple appointments and besides I would not have much time to spend with her, that plus the heat may be too much for her.

Now, I need to wear myself out today so I can get to sleep tonight... yeah Rob, that is going to happen, you know you rarely sleep on Eastern Meet Eve.....  See you all there tomorrow or whatever day you arrive.

rob

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dtret said:

Luckily I haven’t needed to use them. 

Bet your a** if you forget that box, you'll need them though. I'm even packing a GM Tech II, and SnapOn scan tool to be safe.

Just for sh… and giggles I did an “ emergency “ side of the road bearing change. Just to make sure I had everything in the trunk to do it. Luckily it was in my driveway. Lol. I didn’t actually change them though. 

The car is partially packed.  We had planned to leave around 8:00AM but due to the forecasted temperatures we have moved our departure to 6:00AM tomorrow morning.  Patsy has appointments over the next couple days so it will only be our grandchildren and myself until their father arrives Friday.

rob

1178346235_ready1.thumb.jpg.af711084c924130307eff72ffd371b3e.jpg557014573_ready2.thumb.jpg.93b8872984fbb455bf2dea5be5ed8b4d.jpg

• Like 3

Don't you worry Dennis, I already spoke to Tom.  They have things they have to take care of and can't make it.  🙁

8 hours ago, willie said:

Don't you worry Dennis, I already spoke to Tom.  They have things they have to take care of and can't make it.  🙁

I know. They should still be there though. 

• Like 1

We are leaving in an hour. After coffee of course! I'm bringing my Dad for his 2nd EM. it's only a 3 hour drive from Charlottesville.  Looking forward to seeing everybody again this year.

Sorry your not going to make it Steve 

Carl

20220622_082629.jpg

• Like 3