Safe travels

Michael Boyte

To all attendees and spouses, kids that attended, Be safe and hope you enjoyed the Eastern Mini-Meet. I'm sure you made some new friends ,and interesting conversations . I for one missed all who showed up ,being it was the 50th for the'72 Monte. Remember, no pictures, didn't happen! post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, DragCat said:

Had to laugh, was raining this afternoon. Gladly NOT fri/sat but was DAMN HOT 🤣

Jeans, t- shirt and a head of hair like a rock star  yep hot. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I made it home around noon yesterday.  Waiting for me after I unpacked the car was a water heater replacement at our younger son's house.  On to Lowes pick up the hot water tank and supplies, install done in about an hour and half.  

I got about 3 to 4 hours of sleep each night from last Tuesday and through the weekend.  I fell asleep last night at about 8:00 and after 11 1/2 hours I woke up this morning.

I heard from Carl Hanson and the attempt to repair his rear end in the parking lot was not successful but he and his dad made it home safe and sound.

Jim and Linda Seyboldt made it to at least southern South Carolina with no further issues with their rear end so today they will complete their trip back to Florida.  Just a note, since Jim was reluctant to accept the Hard Luck Award I am taking him at his word that they have had no other issues and not telling me no problems in fear of getting a worst luck on travel home award.

Glad that so far our members are making it home safely.

rob

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

We made it back to Florida and safely home around 3pm today. No issues with the rear end chattering and the car ran as advertised with the obvious exception of the air conditioning. Many thanks to Dave, Carl, Steve, Bob, Sammy, and everyone else that helped with either expertise, tools, or most importantly a truck to fetch the needed materials, we couldn't have made it home without a team effort. 

Rob, the hard luck award was really not deserved because I had the best luck of all. Anyone who knows me knows I love to drive my car and really enjoy turning wrenches so in reality I got to do everything I love during the eastern meet... drive a whole lot to get there and back, and enjoy a good 3 hours of wrenching on the two cars. That sitting in the hot show field sleeping off last nights bourbon, rum, and beer bender in a Harbor Freight chair is for the birds!

Best EM ever! :yay:

• Like 6

Jim I know what you mean.  I also love to drive my meets.  While I have not driven the miles to meets you have I have driven to meets in Commerce, Ga, Charlotte, NC, Indy, IN, several car meets in Ohio, Tennessee and Kentucky.  These cars are over 50 years old and no matter how much we work on them things are going to break.  I don't think I have been to a meet yet that someone that drove their car to a meet was not able to drive it back home.  I have spent many days and hours wrenching on my cars, our son's cars and many friends cars and sometimes it is a love hate thing.  

Don't fret the Hard Luck Award.  Yes, I have won hard luck awards in the past.  One of them was was in my Model A when on a a group driving tour my water pump blade broke off, damaged the radiator return pipe and then hit the side of the hood and put a good dent in the hood.  That was way back in the 1980's.  I took that broken fan blade and mounted it on a piece of stained and varnished board and it became the club Hard Luck Award.  I dropped out of the club around the time I bought my Monte Carlo over 20 years ago.  I rejoined recently and found out that my fan blade hard luck plaque is still in use. 

The nice thing about it is if you don't want to display it you don't have to.  It is all in fun so accept it in the spirit and fun it was presented in.  Your FGMCC Family loves you.

rob

• Like 1