Syracuse Nationals?

I would also like to thank everyone!!! CK did a great job with getting this organized. Including the field, the spot, the food, the entertainment, the hotel, i could go on and on. There was also tons of help from everyone that attended Dennis, Joe, Doug, Mike, Frank, Steve, Bob, and myself, Sorry if i left someone out. The weather was hot but great, no rain really. The wind was blowing most of the time so it was mostly comfortable. 

It seemed we were on a mission to talk to all the non member monte owners. There were times when there were about 10 people in front of the tent asking questions about the club, and whether it was CK, Joe, Mike or anyone else that was there at the time answered that call. 

Ck and Steve have been trying to get me up there for years, but the brain surgeon i am thought it was 8-9 hours away. I wasn't ready for that. Turns out its only about 5ish and that makes it doable for me. As far as i know we are all going back next year and bringing our cars. 

I had a fantastic time with the guys! The show, the food, the entertainment, was ALL Great!!     However there was one downfall, CK kept us so busy as a group we really didn't have any bench racing time!! By the time we got back to the hotel we would be sitting talking and falling asleep at the table. Great job CK you kept us out of trouble!!!

Cant wait to go back next year to see how much the club has grown with more and more cars, and members. So again a big Thank You to all the people who made this happen, and all my friends that made this a success!!

• Like 4

I would like to thank everyone that came to the First Generation Monte Carlo Club 2022 Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet. It was a great weekend of “Automotive Overload”. Approximately 10 thousand vehicles participating on nearly 400 acres at the NY State Fairgrounds. It is the Largest Car Show in the Northeast !!! So much to see and do at this event. Because the vehicles get used daily driving to and from the Fairgrounds, going out to eat, to and from the hotels or local nightly Cruise In’s, they park in whatever available locations are available at the Fairgrounds. It becomes a new and different show every day. There is no assigned parking and you never know what vehicle will park next to you. Over 400 vendors, many different types of food to eat, a Swap Meet, For Sale vehicle Car Corral, live bands with multiple stages on the Fairgrounds, Celebrity Guests including Frank Fritz, “Big Schwag” Shirley Muldowney,  Charity Pinstriping and Auction, Model Car contest, MAC Tools Garage Gear Giveaway,
“Designers Dozen” Showcase and Awards ceremony. 
We went out to dinner as a group, attended local Cruise In’s and had ice cream from a local ice cream shop a few doors down from the hotel we were staying at daily. It’s different show than Carlisle, no peer judging, just a massive 10K vehicle Cruise In. All of our members pitched in, looking and discussing our Club members vehicles, speaking with other Monte owners about the Club or leaving a Membership application on their Monte’s as they walked thru the massive show, or at our tent location on one of the numerous Showfields. 
I would really like to build the “Syracuse Nationals Mini Meet’ up and become a regular event for our members. Please read what other members have to say about this event. Approximately 35-40 percent of the vehicles and participants at the Syracuse Nationals are from Canada. It would be great for our US and Canadian members to come join us and participate in this Club event. I am not looking to take away from our other Meets, but offer another opportunity to participate for our members. I am working on securing a hotel with discounted room rates and various amenities (similar to the Fairfield Inn) for those members who attend the Eastern or Mini Meet Club events at the GM Nationals. 
Club Member Challange - I am looking to get 12 or more of our Monte’s at the Syracuse Nationals next year. Are you going to be one of the 12 or more joining us ???

Please contact me at Medic9435@yahoo.com or (631) 445-1958 cell or text. Looking forward to you joining us at the Syracuse Nationals - FGMCC Mini Meet !!!        
                                                                                                                Thank you, CK Collins     

• Like 5

C.K, you already know you can count Doug & myself in for next year, plus I'll be bringing the Monte as well. This year I left it home, to sort of see how it was all going to shake out, but half way thru I wished I would have just brought the car. Can't wait!

• Like 4

Thank you CK for all you did and do. You know I'll be there for sure we look forward to this show every year. I have attended every show since the beginning the last 15 years with my car. Already making plans for next year only 364 days away.

• Like 4

It should only take a little more arm twisting to get me and the car there, plus Karen’s permission (lol). O ya then there’s that 9 1/2 hours drive, that’s not too bad. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Dtret said:

It should only take a little more arm twisting to get me and the car there,

Good, I'll start next week then....

Mark, are you following this? 😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dtret said:

And just how are you going to get her permission?

That's YOUR problem. I pressure you, you beg her....simple.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, jft69z said:

Good, I'll start next week then....

Mark, are you following this? 😁

Good gawd man, remember he's retired now so a lot more free time for harassing calls and texts 🤣  Damn Dennis ! !! I'll have to look at the map, and I'm still waiting on the rumored bristol meet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

C.K found a video of the show, but it's Friday. The opening drone footage shows how large the place is, but still doesn't do it justice. We can't find any good Saturday vids yet, but they're sure to come. The Saturday attendance nearly doubled from Friday. There should be a helicopter vid too he says, so hopefully we'll find that one to post.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 9:43 PM, willie said:

I had a fantastic time with the guys! The show, the food, the entertainment, was ALL Great!!     However there was one downfall, CK kept us so busy as a group we really didn't have any bench racing time!! By the time we got back to the hotel we would be sitting talking and falling asleep at the table. Great job CK you kept us out of trouble!!!

If you can fall asleep around some of this bunch, your a more trusting man than I am. Just saying..........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I mess around with a lot of people, keep in mind that it’s all in fun. BUT three I don’t do or tolerate is mess with other peoples food, mess with their money in any sort of way and mess with them when they are asleep. I don’t like it and won’t do it. But in all honesty, it’s so tempting. 

• Like 2