a/c question

i have an ac that the compressor works, the blower works, but the cold air is not coming out of the vents i can hear the blower and feel just a touch of cold air at the vents on max air any help would be appreciated realy dont want to pull the whole system out

I believe if you have a vacuum hose off or leaking, the air flow is automatically directed to the w/s defroster, at the top of the dash, to keep the w/s clear if there is a failure. Check if that is where the air is flowing from and if it is, look for a vacuum hose off, pinched or damaged and leaking.

Good luck!

• Like 2

It is also possible that there is a leak in the freon system.  You could get the system recharged or get a pressure test done on the system to see if a leak can be tested for.

rob

• Like 1

You could also have the dreaded "re-man" (rebuilt) compressor!

I replaced 2 rebuilt factory compressors before settling with an aftermarket new one;

Doesn't quite look the same, but man, does it work!

As I said before, AC needs to FUNCTION properly! FORM is only for when you lift the hood!

Hope you're able to work it out with the great advice here!

Jeff 70 SS454

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rare SS said:

You could also have the dreaded "re-man" (rebuilt) compressor!

I replaced 2 rebuilt factory compressors before settling with an aftermarket new one;

Doesn't quite look the same, but man, does it work!

As I said before, AC needs to FUNCTION properly! FORM is only for when you lift the hood!

Hope you're able to work it out with the great advice here!

Jeff 70 SS454

the ac compressor is new and aftermarket i will check the lines i thought there may be a damper vent stuck closed thank you for your help

14 hours ago, stangeba said:

I believe if you have a vacuum hose off or leaking, the air flow is automatically directed to the w/s defroster, at the top of the dash, to keep the w/s clear if there is a failure. Check if that is where the air is flowing from and if it is, look for a vacuum hose off, pinched or damaged and leaking.

Good luck!

thank you , i will check the vacuum hoses

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Dtret said:

Yes I completely understand. Please see “topic suggestion “. lol 😂 I’m glad you found the issue. 

i saw your pics, i feel your pain, good luck!!

18 hours ago, tire size said:

pulled all the vents out found out a mouse family was camped out in the vent! right side blocked with a nest!

now forward to find the leak!!

IMG_6815-1.jpg