Fiero Club

That is one picture more than they decorated their canopy at the Eastern Meet and still won Coolest Club Hangout award.... sorry , I couldn't resist.  BTW I have sent an email to Carlisle Events with the criteria of what clubs need to do to try to win that award and their club did not do anything toward winning it.  I have not heard back as yet.

rob

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Rob Peters said:

That is one picture more than they decorated their canopy at the Eastern Meet and still won Coolest Club Hangout award.... sorry , I couldn't resist.  BTW I have sent an email to Carlisle Events with the criteria of what clubs need to do to try to win that award and their club did not do anything toward winning it.  I have not heard back as yet.

rob

They might’ve well just decorated their canopy with feminine hygiene products. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That is absolutely ridiculous they won...they had a tent and chairs and that's it. Like Rob said, not a single banner or memorabilia at all. Can't wait to hear what Carlisle could possibly say in the email as to why they won.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 1:48 AM, Glen said:

They might’ve well just decorated their canopy with feminine hygiene products. 

They are driving what is, in my opinion, a feminine hygiene product. Maybe that was the ticket this year due to the impending feminine hygiene product shortage and all.  Hey, you don't know. 

• Haha 4

As I said in another post, I did ask how we could have not won this "Coolest Club Hangout" award, based upon the criteria set up on the Carlisle Events website.  I will post below the response I have received so far and I am expecting to hear more on this in this coming week.  The response I have so far is here:

"Hi Rob,  I have a response on it but went on vacation the hour after our team discussed it. It's valid and there were reasons beyond decorations that went into it (seminars, club dining, and some above and beyond things that pushed them over). I will have it over to you when I'm back on Monday. They barely beat your club when it came to the scoring. You definitely had them in decorating tho

They also got some bonus points in camaraderie for taking area reserved in their club tent originally for other stuff to fix about 5 members cars that broke down while in town and coming together as a group to do so. They even did a transmission swap as a club on Friday by swapping out a trans from another car that was being trailered for the one being driven. They didn't win by much. If you guys would've had a seminar or tech session that's all it would've taken."

Again, I hope to hear and see more on the scoring this coming week.  I will let you know what I hear.

rob

I'll say it.....What a load of B.S.

So because their cars fall apart, they get a trophy.... must be this new, modern way of thinking.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So Carl and I should have worked on our cars at the show field and not in the hotel parking lot? We know for next time I suppose. We could have called it a "seminar" for rear end servicing. Oh, and we could have had a "seminar" in bowling with watermelons as well. Next time Rob, next time. 

• Like 6

Yea, I'll call BS! Was that even listed as criteria? Pretty much every day in the parking lot was a tech session between at least a few members, and you don't get much better camaraderie than arm chair racing every nite. PHOOEY ! 

• Like 2

Politics in any private club or private organization destroys the moral of those who aren't a part of the inner circle…. The problem is you can't explain that to the self appointed inner circle… 

Ed C.

17 hours ago, jft69z said:

I'll say it.....What a load of B.S.

So because their cars fall apart, they get a trophy.... must be this new, modern way of thinking.

Joe, my thought on the transmission swaps on the show field was this.  I would think something like that on the show field with many people walking around a car up on jack stands (possibly in the grass) would be very dangerous and not covered by the Carlisle Events  insurance.  

rob

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cbolt said:

So Carl and I should have worked on our cars at the show field and not in the hotel parking lot? We know for next time I suppose. We could have called it a "seminar" for rear end servicing. Oh, and we could have had a "seminar" in bowling with watermelons as well. Next time Rob, next time. 

Jim,

Yeah, I was thinking the exact same thing but then again, due to safety reasons I would not have thought that Carlisle Events would allow such extensive repairs in the show field would be allowed in the first place due to safety reasons of doing it in such a public place.

rob

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DragCat said:

Yea, I'll call BS! Was that even listed as criteria? Pretty much every day in the parking lot was a tech session between at least a few members, and you don't get much better camaraderie than arm chair racing every nite. PHOOEY ! 

Next time our bench racing will be held in the club canopy!!!

rob

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Rob Peters said:

Next time our bench racing will be held in the club canopy!!!

rob

with free oil changes!

• Like 1

Politics , a prime example. Not even a legitimate excuse... thought we were going for the coolest 😎 club hang out. Not the junk yard hangout. . Sorry, I’ve vented . 

• Like 2

It's called a  BONE.   Some of the event coordinators could care less about the integrity of a show. By utilizing such a practice it helps to ensure that clubs such as the Fiero club will be back next year.

• Like 4

Oh, I bet we could have a seminar about anything that contains to the 1st Gen Monte Carlo. Like let's talk about who was designing it for starters. I can't believe that they did a trans swap in the grass for one. I own one of these and I know it is one rare example of the'88 model but, I can't believe that they got the award for doing repairs on the show field. I know that they had a good showing of cars this year for the anniversary of them too. I'm thinking we get an inflatable Sir Monte at the next show!!post-259-0-06116300-1484180397_thumb.jpg.      Oh Yeah!!

• Like 2

It sounds like a political participation trophy to me. Take the high road. Let those 12 members have it. 

Side note. Last year a gal in an 87 GT, 2.8 60 degree V6 responded to an ad I had for a complete drivetrain out of a 96 Riviera GS  I had on craigslist. A 3.8 supercharge 90 degree V6. She wouldn't buy it unless I agreed to put it in her Fiero. 

She left quite upset that I asked her to leave. 

My auto repair shop is based on putting round pegs in round holes Square pegs in square holes.  Did a little YouTubing on them. If I wanted to do it, charging her $7k would put me at a loss. I'm old. Not a bread winning job. Plus, there isn't a repair I haven't done on a Fiero. I hate them.

• Like 3