Monte carlo

49 years.  My wife's uncle bought Monte in 1971.  He wanted it to use for our 1972 wedding.  Sadly he passed in 1973.  Monte has been with us since as we celebrate 50 years of marriage in a few weeks.  We will take Monte out for a spin to celebrate!

Tom

• Like 6

3 hours ago, tom71 said:

49 years.  My wife's uncle bought Monte in 1971.  He wanted it to use for our 1972 wedding.  Sadly he passed in 1973.  Monte has been with us since as we celebrate 50 years of marriage in a few weeks.  We will take Monte out for a spin to celebrate!

Tom

God bless.happy 50th anniversary 

Had mine sine 2004. Bought it in Blossburg, PA. The ad read "1972 Monte Carlo, 318 cu.in.,Automatic transmission, $3,000 o.b.o.($3,500 to buy it..another story).I just had to go see a 318 mopar engine in it. Turned out to be a blueprint replacement '86 350cu.in. Had the original 2bbl on it. I bought it because of the interior, Black cloth buckets , tilt wheel, power windows and door locks, power driver's seat. Little did I know it was rusted under the rear seat, left side of trunk, rear tail panel. I was just going to paint it and add some slot mags to it, driver style. That went south quick,4 yrs after nut and bolt restore, on the road the way you see it in the picture.Been happy with ever since. 18yrs and has never been touched on it's paint or body work since.   post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 420ponies said:

Had mine sine 2004. Bought it in Blossburg, PA. The ad read "1972 Monte Carlo, 318 cu.in.,Automatic transmission, $3,000 o.b.o.($3,500 to buy it..another story).I just had to go see a 318 mopar engine in it. Turned out to be a blueprint replacement '86 350cu.in. Had the original 2bbl on it. I bought it because of the interior, Black cloth buckets , tilt wheel, power windows and door locks, power driver's seat. Little did I know it was rusted under the rear seat, left side of trunk, rear tail panel. I was just going to paint it and add some slot mags to it, driver style. That went south quick,4 yrs after nut and bolt restore, on the road the way you see it in the picture.Been happy with ever since. 18yrs and has never been touched on it's paint or body work since.   post-259-0-93319100-1480263543_thumb.jpg

Awesome looking ride.nice job on the restore 

I ordered my 71 Monte Carlo with the options I wanted, and could afford, and took delivery 14 May 1971. so today 6 july 2022 my Monte is 51 years, 1 month, 22 days old.

1971 Stange (0).jpg

• Like 7

1 minute ago, stangeba said:

I ordered my 71 Monte Carlo with the options I wanted, and could afford, and took delivery 14 May 1971. so today 6 july 2022 my Monte is 51 years, 1 month, 22 days old.

1971 Stange (0).jpg

That's awesome 

1970 5 years 2 months, Purchased from a friend.

1971 44 years 1 month, purchased from Billy Perkins Auto Sales, Roxboro, NC when I was 16 years old

1986 35 years 7 months, purchased from Sir Walter Chevrolet, Raleigh, NC

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, sbarnette said:

1970 5 years 2 months, Purchased from a friend.

1971 44 years 1 month, purchased from Billy Perkins Auto Sales, Roxboro, NC when I was 16 years old

1986 35 years 7 months, purchased from Sir Walter Chevrolet, Raleigh, NC

Long time for the 71...auto sales still in business..and your 86 long time...nice set of wheels all 3... . .

• Like 1

21 years. Mine was a $400 car when I got it and worth every penny. Every part of the engine needed replacing except the block and the entire left side of the car from the drivers door back had significant collision damage. It has been a labor of love for sure. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, cbolt said:

21 years. Mine was a $400 car when I got it and worth every penny. Every part of the engine needed replacing except the block and the entire left side of the car from the drivers door back had significant collision damage. It has been a labor of love for sure. 

Wow, and look at her now! 

• Like 3

1971 Green Monte small block - 43 years and 5 months.  Purchased in Greenville, SC my Jr. year in college.

1971 Place Gold Monte Carlo SS - 37 year and 9 months.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, gprimm said:

1971 Green Monte small block - 43 years and 5 months.  Purchased in Greenville, SC my Jr. year in college.

1971 Place Gold Monte Carlo SS - 37 year and 9 months.

That's awesome 

• 2 weeks later...