engine pressure wash safely and paint prep

Hey Paul, is there one on the opposite side as well ?

My best guess would be that they are just holes for alternate types of brackets, etc, depending on what the intake was used for and options on different vehicles. Remember, Chev 350's (or any small block configuration) went into so many cars and trucks that they were drilled to fit everything. 

350 intake.jpg

Just now, Scott S. said:

Hey Paul, is there one on the opposite side as well ?

My best guess would be that they are just holes for alternate types of brackets, etc, depending on what the intake was used for and options on different vehicles. Remember, Chev 350's (or any small block configuration) went into so many cars and trucks that they were drilled to fit everything. 

350 intake.jpg

I have seen a bracket on later models that went across the back of the block to hold vacuum lines to the transmission use those holes. That was on a '76 Silverado pick up truck. 

If you're worried about vacuum leakage, just put a plug with some sealant in them. :)

04C84981-41E5-4149-92B4-DAA5ECBD2FFE.thumb.jpeg.28d9afc61627efb7311079dd44729c0b.jpeg

nice to get to this stage. Rebuilt the Quadrajet too with larger primary jets (65) and smaller primary rods (44B), and a new choke pull off mechanism.  Pretty much just have to put fluids back in and hope for the best it works again!

• Like 6